Beginners and Beyond

Governmental Shutdown TuesDAILIES (Read 54 times)

Jess runs for bacon

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here. (Does anyone actually read this anymore?)

Jess runs for bacon

Woke up to this awesome news this morning. It's possible that because of the shutdown my race this weekend will be cancelled (it runs through a national park). So I'd be out the $95 I just spent to register, and the $350 for my expo booth Sad Thanks Congress!

Anyway rest day today, may go for a walk though.

delicate flower

Hola columbo, el madres!  And a Happy October to you as well!  Bring on the candy corn!

Last night was 7 easy miles at 8:43 pace.  Recovery effort.  Nice and easy, but the legs still felt like lead pipes.  Running a hilly route didn't help.  Tonight will be 8 more easy miles on a FLAT route.

I found out yesterday that my running club will have member access to the VIP tent at the Hartford Marathon in two weeks.  Private portapotties, free food and drink, free massages, private bag check.  SWEEEEEEET.

<3

Docket_Rocket

I am not getting paid from now through who knows when.

8 miles with HMP intervals tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Woke up to this awesome news this morning. It's possible that because of the shutdown my race this weekend will be cancelled (it runs through a national park). So I'd be out the $95 I just spent to register, and the $350 for my expo booth Sad Thanks Congress! 

Well that sucks.

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Phil, that VIP tent sounds awesome. I paid for one of those for Princess, can't wait to see it.

Damaris, you win Sad  Do you at least not have to go into work?

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, runners. Wish we could all just run away from real life for a while.

8+ miles on heavy legs, 10:20 pace. Adding an hour strength training class later.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Good morning!

lilac_jive, I hope that it doesn't come to that. Enjoy your RD.

Phil, sweet, indeed.

Boo, Damaris. I hope that your eight-miler goes well.

3.0 easy in 29:07.72. 9:42 pace. I'd have continued, but employment hollered. More after work.

LRB

Wish we could all just run away from real life for a while.

Shit, I just wish I could run. lol

I am heading to work.  I am really behind on the race reports from this weekend.  Hoping to get caught up today.

Later!

Docket_Rocket

Phil, that VIP tent sounds awesome. I paid for one of those for Princess, can't wait to see it.

Damaris, you win Sad  Do you at least not have to go into work?

I am at the office for a few hours today.  All leave is canceled so my Chicago trip is in danger if I get called back next week.  My boss will approve my leave again but those that were on vacation this week and have to come in have their vacation canceled.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

meaghansketch

lilac, hope your race is not canceled!

Damaris- Hope you are back to getting paid soon, and that your Chicago trip is not canceled!  Talk about a double-whammy if that does happen Sad  Hoping for the best!

LRB- Hope you can get back to running soon!

I don't know why, but my 18-miler on Sunday left me more sore than any run has in a long time.  I almost took a second SRD but managed to hobble through 4.7 at a recovery pace.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1 before work. Great run.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Marjorie

Dad on the run.

Lilac - sorry about your booth if that happens Sad

Damaris - Hate to hear that. Hopefully everything will get straightened out soon and you can get back to work.

AFM - So I took a look at the Hal Higdon plans, I went back and forth between the novice 2 and intermediate 1. I am going to shoot for the interm 1 and see how it goes. Its only 18 weeks and since I have 20 I added 2 easier weeks to just build up to week 1 of the plan.

I went to a JV football game lastnight because my sister plays the clarinet in the band and wanted us to come. It was pretty fun. Before we moved I had lived in Leeds, AL for 20 years or so and have never been to a middle / high school game Shame on me.

4 easy planned for tonight.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Will run for scenery.

Wow, D - that has the potential to really suck.  Hope it works out. Lilac too !

I'm starting to feel pretty good - almost normal if I'm just walking.  Yesterday I "courtesy jogged" a few crosswalks - I hope those people appreciated it  !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

lilac, hope your race is not canceled!

Damaris- Hope you are back to getting paid soon, and that your Chicago trip is not canceled!  Talk about a double-whammy if that does happen Sad  Hoping for the best!

LRB- Hope you can get back to running soon!

I don't know why, but my 18-miler on Sunday left me more sore than any run has in a long time.  I almost took a second SRD but managed to hobble through 4.7 at a recovery pace.

Oh, Chicago won't be canceled.  I would quit if it comes to that.

Damaris

Fundraising Page