Beginners and Beyond

Chocolate Chip Monday Penguins (Read 24 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!).

National Chocolate Chip Day!

PADRunner

Morning Penguins, have a cookie. I prefer oatmeal but won't turn down  a cookie.

4 done this morning gym tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Pilates and 4 miles tonight.

PAD, good luck with the race!  I forgot you had done the HM.  Have you decided on a plan or will you be doing your own?

Damaris

obiebyke

Morning! I'm friends with anything chocolate.

I took a week and a half off running. It is what it is. My goal is to get back to it. I'm scheduled for 3 today, but we're looking at thunderstorms, so maybe tomorrow.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I love me some chocolate chips, but yesterday we went up to a local orchard and picked up a peck of peaches (say that five times fast!) so I sliced and diced and froze some, left some in the fridge for DH's oatmeal, and made a peach pie!  There were a few that weren't ripe yet, so we're going to save them and make peach ice cream when my parents come in to visit this weekend.  I'm sure Scottydog thinks that sounds yucky!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 4!!

Docket -- enjoy the Pilates and miles!!

obie -- hope you either get your miles in or enjoy watching the storm!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Bin Running

Hi all! Chocolate chip is yummy. Peaches too. Smile

6 easy done.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Hi everyone!  6 easy today.  I just realized that I haven't seen a single peach since I've been down here.  Good thing that August is peach season in Oregon!

PAD- I'll take a cookie, thanks!  Hope the gym goes well.

D- One of the students here just tried pilates, and could hardly walk the next day!  Hope yours goes better than that!

obie- Glad you're getting back into it.  The first step out the door is the toughest.

HsM- Save me a slice of pie, please!

Bin- We are running twins today!

hog4life

No running for 6 days, leg is still aching. Can't wait for my appointment on Friday to see what's going on.

PADRunner

Morning!  Pilates and 4 miles tonight.

PAD, good luck with the race!  I forgot you had done the HM.  Have you decided on a plan or will you be doing your own?

Thanks. I'm considering a coach and having a Vo2 max test that includes a custom plan. If not probably some variation of Higdon. I'm starting a plan for a 10k that will take me to 10/11 then starting the marathon training with the HM in the middle. Maybe try some supported training HMs along the way to get a half fanatic if I can schedule them right.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi everyone!  6 easy today.  I just realized that I haven't seen a single peach since I've been down here.  Good thing that August is peach season in Oregon!

PAD- I'll take a cookie, thanks!  Hope the gym goes well.

D- One of the students here just tried pilates, and could hardly walk the next day!  Hope yours goes better than that!

obie- Glad you're getting back into it.  The first step out the door is the toughest.

HsM- Save me a slice of pie, please!

Bin- We are running twins today!

I assume it was regular Pilates with torture machines? i have had that reaction before. Ha.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm reading a student's dissertation.  The science is pretty sound, but the grammar is annoying.  I'm not on his committee, so I can't insist he make changes.  But hopefully he'll make the changes!!  A little less than halfway through ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Health club for me.  Running RD since we ran 20 miles over the weekend.  Think I'll eat the free sample Fibre One CC cookie that came with the newspaper.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me.

Mitch, must have missed your leg issue.  Hope it's not serious.

Running for TJ because he can't.

obiebyke

Oh no, Mitch! Keep us updated.

The weather held out nicely. Absolutely gorgeous out. And even though s$%t continues to hit the fan, I got out there and did 3 miles. Woohoo! It was slow, it was hard, but it was 3!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No running for 6 days, leg is still aching. Can't wait for my appointment on Friday to see what's going on.

Ugh.  Still?  Hope the doctor has good news.

Damaris