Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Sunday Penguins (Read 29 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Enjoyed the RR Vance.  Great job.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Vance, just finished your RR!! I enjoyed it very much! With all the frustration of the race being changed, cancelled, and then modified (and lengthened!) plus the cold and snow your really did an incredible job! Your RR was very well written and gave such an interesting look into what was going on in your mind throughout the race. Thanks for sharing!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

i was at the track meet for 12 hours yesterday. Amazing. After we went out for pizza and beer with a fun group. Today is a swim meet but I will try for a nap. We might get a 30 min run in tonight.

Zel: good luck today and nice article. Can I have your autograph?

hog4life

That would be cool except I don't know anyone doing the race Sad it's by where my boyfriend lives, and I don't know anyone there except him and he doesn't run!

Are you shy? Most runners are quite talkative, at least I am. What if you lined up further back then you normally would, just ask the people around you "what are you shooting for?". It might surprise you, if someone opens up to you, then you found a running buddy. I think it's worth a try.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Are you shy? Most runners are quite talkative, at least I am. What if you lined up further back then you normally would, just ask the people around you "what are you shooting for?". It might surprise you, if someone opens up to you, then you found a running buddy. I think it's worth a try.

That's actually a pretty cool idea....just strike up some conversations and see if I can find someone looking to run an attainable pace for me that wouldn't be all-out and run together. Thanks for the idea! Definitely not shy....always find myself in conversations about Garmins, other local races, ect. at races.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Bin Running

Home at last. Put on 3kg. What?!

Cant find Vance's RR. Where is it?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Bin - the link is on his comment.  Glad you made it home safely.  Hope your first run goes well and the weight comes off quickly.

Zelanie - good article. I didn't realize you were another who had lost a lot of weight.  Congratulations.  I hope today's race goes well for you.

Vance - really enjoyed your race report.  You have a talent for writing; you made the experience come alive for me.

Coralie - sorry about your race being cancelled.  Will they reschedule it?  Will you be able to go back to NO to participate if they do?

Damaris - Nice miles today.

Kristin - I don't think that going all out, or almost all out, will hurt your training.  Just think of it as your weekly speed workout.

Jack - hope you manage both a nap and a run today.

Gustav - enjoy your hilly run.

Jerry - I love walking and running by water.  Enjoy the lake.

Mitch - adorable dog. I bet she'll be a fast companion.

AFM - I may do a short recovery run this afternoon.  I'm a little stiff from yesterday's effort, but not too bad.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So.... 3 very easy/recovery paced miles done. My run started off horrible. Know how they always say don't try anything new on race day?? THANK GOD I decided to follow that advice!!! So today was one of the first runs that it was warm enough to finally try a new skirt I bought in March. It is a Nike skirt, super cute dark grey with pink and light grey lines going in all different directions. Also got a SS UA shirt the same shade of pink that day. Also have my new :"race shoes" that are pink and grey checked. Next weekend's race should hopefully be warm enough for an outfit like this, so since today was also warm-ish I decided to take it on a test run. SO GLAD I DID. The compression shorts under Nike running skirts don't actually compress anything. And they are really short. They immediately rolled up and made for a miserable start. So miserable I actually turned around and went home, knowing how quickly I was about to have crazy chafing. I put on dark grey "real" compression shorts under the skirt. They stuck out under the skirt but they are the same shade of grey so meh. SO MUCH BETTER! Finished my run without those pesky thunder thighs rubbing together and having to adjust every 30 seconds.

Sloooow.

Ginny- they cancelled because of the course being flooded, boo. They are rescheduling, but I heard a guy talking about June Sad It might be way too hot for me. We'll see!

Sloooow.

A good visual of why most of Louisiana has above ground tombs, lol. This was part of what should've been the race route.

Docket_Rocket

Ouch.  Looks like the front of my house in the Summer.  Sorry it got canceled.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Do we know the race Melanie is targeting?  I can do some stalking.  Let me re-read her article.

Nevermind.  No results posted yet.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh wow Coralie....looks like you could have gone on a 5K swim!!!

hog4life

Coralie, swimin' a 5k, now that was funny.

Melanie said her first posts will be to FB, she can't post to the forum from her phone. She should be finishing soon though.

Docket_Rocket

She posted already!  She finished.  Will keep the time secret so she can reveal when she posts here.

Damaris

Fundraising Page