Beginners and Beyond

SRL I was wrong (Read 698 times)

waterskimmer

Thanks for asking.  The answer is "mixed, but way better than it could have been".  It was a strange Christmas for sure.

They changed my treatments around. I've had a rough time with it.

I could provide details, but nah.  Anyone who is really really curious can pm me.

I'm sad you didn't get great, 100%, news, but am glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  It sounds like you are an old hand at this.  May this be your last dance within the tubes and that the new treatment regime works.

As inspired as I am by your running, I want to let you know that I finally did see Animal House and will get to The Goonies soon (as I was once advised in the PNW thread @ RWOL).

Now I'll go click that link.  Best wishes to you.

Goorun

I missed all this. Hope you feel better SRL.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thanks for asking.  The answer is "mixed, but way better than it could have been".  It was a strange Christmas for sure.

They changed my treatments around. I've had a rough time with it.

I could provide details, but nah.  Anyone who is really really curious can pm me.

Of course I'm really really curious, but I'm not sure that if the shoe were on the other foot I'd want to sit around and type up details for people to read about.  I hope the treatment goes well, and that you can get back to more enjoyable endeavors.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

@runjerseygirl

I was thinking about you the other day, too.  I won't pry for details, I know it's personal so I don't want to overstep.  But I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and send you positive, healing vibes.

Do you even run?

xor

I missed all this. Hope you feel better SRL.

Ok, THATS funny.

Seriously, anyone who is curious... PM me.  I don't mind sharing... and I'm not intending this as a "vaguebook" - I'm not fishing either.  But at the same time, it's kind of morbid and weird and uncomfortable-making for some to read stuff like this. So, nah.

This is the first I've seen of this thread, being away over Christmas.  I'm really bummed to hear that you have yet another fight to face, SRL.  Count me in as another who really appreciates your presence here.  I hope the treatment is completely successful, once and for all.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Meat Wagon

Puker

I'm really bummed to hear that you have yet another fight to face, SRL.  Count me in as another who really appreciates your presence here.  I hope the treatment is completely successful, once and for all.

My thoughts exactly. Your relentlessly positive attitude is truly inspiring.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

I am now picturing you with really cool jewelry in your hipbone/shoulderbone/spine piercings.  Um.

Best of luck, you.  Glad for the 'way better than it could have been' part, anyway.

xor

I am now picturing you with really cool jewelry in your hipbone/shoulderbone/spine piercings.  Um.

Best of luck, you.  Glad for the 'way better than it could have been' part, anyway.

No jewelry and the holes have closed up.  Which is a good thing.

They are threatening to give me a portacath if they have to move on to nastier treatments.  If I get that, I may adorn it with something. (edit: a portacath is really one of those miracle inventions that makes things so so so much easier. )

Anyway, no cool jewelry in funny places because that stuff doesn't get along with the MRI machine.  And me and the MRI machine have something going on.

Zelanie

I'm actually glad I clicked on that link, because I was thinking portacath would be more something like this.

Still sending healing mojo as well.

xor

Ha.  Ew.

Rubybaby43

enabler

Ugh!  Well, this blows!

I hope you don't need the port!!...but yes, they do make things much "easier".  DH had one installed because he had a broken leg nd couldn't get around.  So he had to carry his treatment around at home in a backpack.

How's about youse make this #6 the lucky number....the last time you do this shit!!

KLO

more miles = more beer

camille2

SRL, I just read this and am really sorry you are having problems again.  Wishing you the very best of luck.