Beginners and Beyond

Show me your running legs. (Read 1596 times)

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I have a problem staying upright while running.  Particularly on hills.  In addition to these two separate falls, I've also ripped two pairs of running tights this winter from falling!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

LRB

I have a problem staying upright while running.  Particularly on hills.  In addition to these two separate falls, I've also ripped two pairs of running tights this winter from falling!

I see it now.  I thought they were the same pics.  Be careful!

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Do you fall during yoga a lot? I always thought I had pretty good balance, but sometimes I fall standing still.

In transit, arriving on time. 

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I'm actually pretty good at yoga...I can do a lot of the harder balances.  I think I work better when focused.  I daydream when I run a lot and don't pay attention!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

LRB

...I daydream when I run a lot and don't pay attention!

I do the same thing.  It's a good thing there are no mountains or cliffs here because I would run right off of one!

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

At least you've got it confined to hills. I have a tendency to wipe out in a sorts of placesSad, although I guess I should at least be happy that I've been in shorts and didn't need to worry about wrecking tightsBig grin.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Ultra Cowboy

Well MJ5 I guess you are going to have to come out west to learn to stay upright...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Better I Leave

One of my favorite trail runs during the summer is the Thunder Mtn trail. It's 7 miles out and back all above 8000ft. It runs along an ancient basalt flow and is...rough...to put it mildy. It's quite steep in places and every time I run it, I place "very close attention" to my foot placements thinking the entire time "If I scrub...this rock is gonna turn my flesh into hamburger".

I haven't scrubbed...yet. **grin**

Docket_Rocket

I have new legs.  I mean, I have new pictures of my running legs!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Lookin' good, D!

Do you even run?

I have new legs.  I mean, I have new pictures of my running legs!

That guy behind you is really concentrating on his time

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

delicate flower

current view.

<3

SheCan

current view.

Ahhhhhhh,  Cry, but they're still pretty, Phil, and they will heal.  Promise.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Nevrgivup

This is funny. No pun intended. You'll be running soon. Smile

current view.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

delicate flower

Ahhhhhhh,  Cry, but they're still pretty, Phil, and they will heal.  Promise.

Heh heh...thanks.  Big grin

This is funny. No pun intended. You'll be running soon. Smile

Gotta have a sense of humor about these things!

<3