Beginners and Beyond

How'd she do that, TUESDAILIES? (Read 72 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Lilac...I always end up at my store early too and just mill around. I can't help it I'm excited to run!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Great news lilac and april!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

I like this change because now I will have time to go home and change. I get off work at 4:30 and an hour wasn't enough to go home and back, so I'd just wander around the store aimlessly and bug Abby. Now I will feel less creepy. Hooray!

Haha, that's funny. I miss Abby. I'm glad I'll be able to see her regularly now. Smile

Oh, SADNESS! Melissa and I realized at breakfast on Saturday that our $10 coupons expired on 1/31 and we both suck and didn't spend them. I hope they'll still honor them. Wahhh.

Docket_Rocket

Whoever said, holy cannoli, what a crazy day, ditto!

KayPS, great news on the run.

Scotty, you don't need to convince me to move somewhere else.  It's not me that needs convincing!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Thanks for all the well wishes.  I truly appreciate it.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thanks for all the well wishes.  I truly appreciate it.

Nowhere but up from here! Well, until they tell you to try and bend it again, but that's temporary. Glad you survived Smile. Heal up.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

StepbyStep-SH

Another run done - 6 miles in 56:20, with 6x1 min at 5k pace, two of those at 4.0 incline. Strength class was a good workout - very few breaks, so it was a cardio workout, too.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

Well, I was going to rest today after having run 4 days in a row, but it was so nice when I left work that I came home, promptly changed cloths, and did 4 easy miles, 9:21 pace. Pretty uneventful run except for two pickups drag racing on my running route. I saw them coming and got way off the road, but they nearly clipped a woman running with her 3 dogs. She was PO'ed, and I can't say I blame her. I think I'll pass it on to the local police. I couldn't get a license number or anything, but maybe they might consider patrolling that road a bit more often.

Anyway, overall, it was a good run.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Mostly harmless

Afternoon, Dailies!

Well, I was going to rest today after having run 4 days in a row, but it was so nice when I left work that I came home, promptly changed cloths, and did 4 easy miles, 9:21 pace. Pretty uneventful run except for two pickups drag racing on my running route. I saw them coming and got way off the road, but they nearly clipped a woman running with her 3 dogs. She was PO'ed, and I can't say I blame her. I think I'll pass it on to the local police. I couldn't get a license number or anything, but maybe they might consider patrolling that road a bit more often.

Anyway, overall, it was a good run.

Aside from the near death experience, it was good run. Wink

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Just B.S.

5.5 miles done in feels like of  -1F.  With the hills, wind and layers it was a very slow 58 minutes.

I've run in a lot colder in the last few weeks but today was quite windy and my 4 layers plus vest

plus jacket just barely kept my core warm. The balaclava with fleece hat over it did the trick for my

head.

But done is done!!

And and I almost forgot.......no Miss Pinktastic, trying not to countdown for a while Ireland isnt' until September

BUT I am counting down to Florida on Feb 21st!!

6.7 miles with 3 at tempo pace.  I am so ready for spring!  Most of the 2 mile path behind my house was icy in spots.  There was one half mile stretch that was almost clear, so I did my tempo back and forth on that portion.  Sure beats the treadmill.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

runmomto3boys

X-ray is negative but it is a pretty nasty sprain.  Bad enough that she is on crutches. She will be out the rest of this week for sure. "Senior Night" is next Tuesday. She wants to be back for that but I have my doubts.  She is very stubborn though so who knows. I'm heartbroken for her. As a four year varsity player (three year starter), this is not the way she wanted it to end.

Poor kiddo.  I'm sad for her.

YAYpril - B-Plus

6 easy miles done. Chopped a mile off since I'm doing 8 or 9 tomorrow.

Mostly harmless

Got my 9 done on a late lunch break.  I planned for this to be a recovery run but it just felt good to run faster than that.  Most of the miles were at or below MP. I kept trying to make myself slow down but eventually I just gave up and went with it.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Hi dailies:

SRD and I can't remember the last time I took a day to do nothing after work.  It's a nice break.

Tomorrow will be the week's LR.