Beginners and Beyond

Cold and ice and Wednesdailies (Read 40 times)

Hip Redux

Hit the trails at lunch.  Took me forty minutes to do 2.5 miles. It was the speed of a walk with the fatigue of a run. lol  I wanted to avoid this one trail that goes straight up and straight down and of course I got lost and ended up on it and it was treacherous in the snow - lots of sliding around. 

My FreeSoul trail photo:

Like the new emotis ------>

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol I like that pic Smile

I am debating on whether running my 1 mile tomorrow on the road or going to the trails to see how they are, I figure I've only got a mile so it would be as bad as waiting until Sunday's 12 miler and getting there to suffer like I did last Sunday.

Hit the trails at lunch.  Took me forty minutes to do 2.5 miles. It was the speed of a walk with the fatigue of a run. lol  I wanted to avoid this one trail that goes straight up and straight down and of course I got lost and ended up on it and it was treacherous in the snow - lots of sliding around. 

My FreeSoul trail photo:

Like the new emotis ------>

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

And still falling!

Just B.S.

Jay where are you at again? it's very very pretty. We have had a few small snowfalls, first big one coming

this weekend.

Forgot hubby had to work tonight so my planned 10 miles on the way home didn't happen so off to the

treadmill I go.

I was planning on running home after work tomorrow. However a 10 mile run in the dark, no sidewalks,

snow on the ground AND in feels like of -20F isn't sounding too appealing right now.

Might do the treadmill again. Depends on how windy it is. Those temps are doable if it's not too windy but

my route is open to a huge river and no cover from the wind.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Lol I did just learn how to link....all that for nothing!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

Whoa.

And still falling!

delicate flower

And still falling!

Holy crap!  The wife would definitely be outside clearing that amount of snow from the driveway.

<3

HobbitLegs

elevenses

5 on the TM.

Jay - stay warm. Mercy!

LRB

Dayum Jay!

Beth, you have it worse as anyone.  I remember the one pic you posted that showed snow halfway up your exterior door!

What up doe everyone else!  If it makes you feel any better, winter does not officially begin for another 10 days.  

Just B.S.

Dayum Jay!

Beth, you have it worse as anyone.  I remember the one pic you posted that showed snow halfway up your exterior door!

True dat LRB. I don't mind the snow too much except later in the winter when the snow banks gets so high you  dont have anywhere to put it because you can't throw the snow that high

LRB

True dat LRB. I don't mind the snow too much except later in the winter when the snow banks gets so high you  dont have anywhere to put it because you can't throw the snow that high

You are such a gamer!

I am looking at either running in single digits temps in the morning, or that stupid treadmill.  I think I am just going to sleep on it.

Docket_Rocket

Ouch, Jay.

5 miles, halfway a visit to Trixie, she looked depressed, talked with the doctor, finished the 5 miles, core, pushups, core. Food.

Will have a drink tonight, for sure.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Our friend the sacrum strikes again, this time in canine form.

Our dog Zoe was at the vet today for xrays, because we thought she'd torn her other CCL (the dog version of ACL).  She had surgery to fix her left one last year, this time she had similar symptoms on the right side.  Instead, they're thinking she has an issue with the joint where her spine connects to the sacrum.  Sound familiar?  Recommendation, back surgery.   Currently doing some googling and trying to learn more.

Hip Redux

Our friend the sacrum strikes again, this time in canine form.

Our dog Zoe was at the vet today for xrays, because we thought she'd torn her other CCL (the dog version of ACL).  She had surgery to fix her left one last year, this time she had similar symptoms on the right side.  Instead, they're thinking she has an issue with the joint where her spine connects to the sacrum.  Sound familiar?  Recommendation, back surgery.   Currently doing some googling and trying to learn more.

Did they say it was anything like lumbosacral stenosis?  That's the only thing I know with the spine/sacral issue with big dogs, but they don't typically recommend surgery I don't think...