Beginners and Beyond

Potentially Big Blizzard (Read 176 times)

Just B.S.

She's around here somewhere...and my function is not of a life saver perse, just in an emergency we are commandeered to assist the real life savers.

Think of me as the guy telling you which way to goBig grin

Oh darn, happy for you I guess!LOL

Just make sure you tell me where to go in a nice way.Smile

And here I am stuck in central Illinois where we have had maybe 2 inches of snow this winter................I would like to have at least one good snow! Although I do have a ski tripped planned Saturday of all places St Louis.........66" of man made well groomed white stuff

be safe out there everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

StepbyStep-SH

Sending good thoughts to all of you - stay safe this weekend!

All the talk about losing power reminds me of when I was a kid. It seems like every winter, the ranch I lived on would lose power for at least a couple of days after some storm. That meant my mom made a big pot of chili to feed everyone on the ranch, since we had the only house with a gas range, and the guys would get water from the windmill by the barn for both drinking and toilets. At night we played board games by the light of a kerosene lamp. Luckily our heat was gas (no forced air circulation, just a "heat stove").

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Village people

Sending good thoughts to all of you - stay safe this weekend!

All the talk about losing power reminds me of when I was a kid. It seems like every winter, the ranch I lived on would lose power for at least a couple of days after some storm. That meant my mom made a big pot of chili to feed everyone on the ranch, since we had the only house with a gas range, and the guys would get water from the windmill by the barn for both drinking and toilets. At night we played board games by the light of a kerosene lamp. Luckily our heat was gas (no forced air circulation, just a "heat stove").

Funny, I am making a big pot of chili today, just in case.

Sharz96

Weird morning.  We got about 4 inches of snow (on top of prior 2) and it was so wet and heavy.  Shovelled 40 minutes before doing a quick 2 mile run, that turned out not to be so quick after all.  Snow, slush, slush on top of water.  Just yuck.

@runjerseygirl

Oh darn, happy for you I guess! LOL

This made me laugh out loud!

Do you even run?

LRB

Oh darn, happy for you I guess!LOL

You're coming with me, of course!

Mostly harmless

Maybe this has already been mentioned (I didn't take the time to read through all 5 pages of replies) but doesn't the word "blizzard" do away with the need for the word "big" in the title?

Anyway, I hope everyone in the path of this thing stays safe and warm!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Just B.S.

You're coming with me, of course!

Well of course!LOLEvil

RSX

Maybe this has already been mentioned (I didn't take the time to read through all 5 pages of replies) but doesn't the word "blizzard" do away with the need for the word "big" in the title?

Anyway, I hope everyone in the path of this thing stays safe and warm!

You may be the first to mention that. In MA it is being talked about as a potential top 5 in history. I think Boston's record is 27inches, but totals are usually higher in other parts of the state. A lot of weather people are going to disappointed if they are wrong. It is a State of Emergency for an inch so far, but visibility is getting tougher.

LRB

Schools are closed and snow emergencies were declared en mass all for a grand total of about 5-7 inches of snow!

The final numbers are not in but if the preliminary totals hold true that is a pathetic response to such a light snowfall.

Nothing like when I was growing up and had to walk 10 miles to school in a real blizzard, uphill, pulling a wagon full of bricks, barefoot, wearing nothing but a wind breaker, while doing my homework.  Big grin

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Our Winter Storm Warning was issued. 6-12" possible here in Eastern PA. I have a 5k race on Saturday... or DO I?

I thought we were in the 3-6" range actually...and you don't have a race tomorrow!  PCS sent an email that they postponed it.

Jess runs for bacon

I thought we were in the 3-6" range actually...and you don't have a race tomorrow!  PCS sent an email that they postponed it.

I heard both for us. I'm thinking 3-6 though. Looks like they are probably going to move it to first weekend in March, which is cool because then I can still run it. You going to that one? I have kitteh pics to share with you Smile

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yeah, I posted that yesterday when the storm warning was first issued. As far as I know we're on the border of 3-6" and 6-12" so they're expecting 6. I got the email from the RD this morning saying the race was postponed. I guess she decided for me whether or not I should run the Quakertown 10-miler on March 2... lol.

delicate flower

Holy smokes is it dumping right now.

<3