Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES = You Had Me at 'Let's Run' (Read 247 times)

I've been bundled up like a freaking Eskimo for weeks.

8.2 for me this morning, with some fartleks thrown in there.  My attempt at reintroducing a little speedwork.

Today is not a snow day.  This makes me sad.  Yesterday's snow day made it possible to get the huge project of cleaning/reorganizing/decluttering our school room/sewing room done, all in one day.  It was awesome.  I keep going and opening the door and peeking in, just to enjoy the wonderfulness of it.

Off to go shower, make breakfast, and school my little hoodlums.  Then driving around for a couple of errands and swapping kids with their cousins for sleepovers.  DH is working late tonight so I will have the evening to myself, will probably work on some Christmas ornaments.  Should be a nice day.

Have a good day, guys!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning! Balmy 40 degrees here this morning. Got in an easy 8 miler with a run up the biggest hill in town called radio Hill. Gets the legs moving for sure. Finished up with some strides.

Weezer - it's got to be under 25 for me to break out tights.Smile

Baysa - have fun at gym

RTR - rock those intervals

Those taking RDs enjoy the rest!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning dailies!

Weezer, my tights go on the second it gets below 50, and I live in Pennsylvania! I have different levels of tights though.

Basya, enjoy the gym!

hog, enjoy those easy miles!

Tom, enjoy the intervals! Actually, enjoy the bed more *snore*

eddie, good job on getting your butt out there Smile

Kay, good luck on your race!

Damaris, I'm really glad I don't live in Florida.

Babboon, congrats on the new gear! And yes, great story Smile

StepbyStep, I hope you feel better! Sounds painful Sad

Dto, sounds like a great run!

Rest day for me today! Yippee! I shall be enjoying a wonderful glass of wine at my favorite restaurant. Woke up to my knee stiff again, rolled it for a minute or two and it felt better, until a few minutes later. I think I need to spend some quality time with the roller when I get home.

Mitch, Tom, Damaris, Shari, I hope y'all have great runs. Eddie, Dave, Ami, Kristin, an jedigunnie26.2, great job doing your runs so early in the day. Kay, Hilary, and lilac_jive, enjoy your rest day. (lilac_jive, reading about the glas of wine made me a little jealous!) Baboon, how thoughtful of your wife!
          Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Weezer, my tights go on the second it gets below 50, and I live in Pennsylvania! I have different levels of tights though.

lilac - What part of PA are you from? I am from Chambersburg. We have a nice local HM here.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

runmomto3boys

12-13 mile MLR today.

happylily

I said I'd run 6 recovery miles last night and I ended up sleeping on the couch after work. This active recovery thing just isn't for me. At my age, I need my days off. Joking Tonight is 10 with tempo, hopefully the rest yesterday will prove beneficial tonight!

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jess runs for bacon

lilac - What part of PA are you from? I am from Chambersburg. We have a nice local HM here.

Eastern, Lehigh Valley area. I'll have to put that on my hit list, it's a little too close to my first marathon to do this year but it looks like a cool race!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

5ish with my RP after work. We're going to run around my neighborhood and look at the Christmas lights.

There's a 5k in January that I have to do. It's in Lancaster, PA (about an hour and a half from me) so it breaks my rule of "I won't drive further than it takes me to complete the race" but it benefits POLAR BEARS, you guys. My most favorite animal. It's appropriately called the Polar Bear 5k.

LRB

...I'm trying to run without the green Superfeet inserts.  Since I've started running, I've always used those.  The wear pattern on my last pair of shoes though indicate too much arch support (looks like someone took a belt sander to the outside heel), so we'll see what ditching the inserts does.  The shoes felt fine yesterday...cushy new shoe goodness.

I had been wearing the green Superfeet since a bout with ITBS last winter, but have not been wearing them since my last run.

Upon my return to running, my plan is to not wear them to see if the shoe itself will correct my pronation since that's what is designed for.

Keep us posted.

delicate flower

I had been wearing the green Superfeet since a bout with ITBS last winter, but have not been wearing them since my last run.

Upon my return to running, my plan is to not wear them to see if the shoe itself will correct my pronation since that's what is designed for.

Keep us posted.

When I first started running, I was overpronating and Shoe Store Girl said green Superfeet in a stability shoe would be good for me.  That worked for the first year, but I went back and got fitted again, at which point they told me I can move to a neutral shoe.  I did that but kept using the Superfeet.  Now it appears the Superfeet are overcorrecting my overpronation and the lighter, less bulky shoe I am using now shows that in the wear pattern.  The stability shoes can hide that.

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Morning!

5ish with my RP after work. We're going to run around my neighborhood and look at the Christmas lights.

There's a 5k in January that I have to do. It's in Lancaster, PA (about an hour and a half from me) so it breaks my rule of "I won't drive further than it takes me to complete the race" but it benefits POLAR BEARS, you guys. My most favorite animal. It's appropriately called the Polar Bear 5k.

Oh cool!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

It is indeed Tuesday - because that's what my underwear says on it.

I think I'm the most boring person in the dailies.  Nothing new to report.  

Hope all your runs go swimmingly today!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Eastern, Lehigh Valley area. I'll have to put that on my hit list, it's a little too close to my first marathon to do this year but it looks like a cool race!

Have you run either the lehigh HM or full? How is that course. Cburg is my hometown race and my next race i am training for. very hilly, but I run course all the time as I live 2m from start.

Up Next:

???

LRB

When I first started running, I was overpronating and Shoe Store Girl said green Superfeet in a stability shoe would be good for me.  That worked for the first year, but I went back and got fitted again, at which point they told me I can move to a neutral shoe.  I did that but kept using the Superfeet.  Now it appears the Superfeet are overcorrecting my overpronation and the lighter, less bulky shoe I am using now shows that in the wear pattern.  The stability shoes can hide that.

Yes, there have been many stories posted of that happening.  I was afraid to try it before but now not so much.