Beginners and Beyond

Snowy SATURDAILIES (Read 57 times)

BruceD555

Be cautious with kind of distance on an indoor track - I think it was my 8 miles at MP (320 turns) that tweaked my ankle Thursday. Good luck finding a way to get the miles.

Oh, believe me I will be cautious. I actually just ran 11 yesterday all on the track and that went great...no problems at all. There are actually 4 treadmills there as well and if I have to do the full 17 inside, I'll probably cycle between the track and treadmill.

Train smart ... race smarter.

delicate flower

...I ran more slowly to run with one the girls I kinda like, ha.

Heh...good man.  Big grin

Three PT sessions today.  The first one was awful.  So terribly painful.  Much better though by the time I finished the third one.  I've got to take my little victories and I'm happy that I get full extension pretty comfortably and about a 100 degree bend.  Going from bend right to full extension hurts something awful.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Bruce...they were the new FluidFeel. They're definitely a soft feel, but not too mushy. If it were nice conditions, I'd say they're a great trail shoe. Nice job on your miles, and good luck with tomorrow.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Heh...good man.  Big grin

Three PT sessions today.  The first one was awful.  So terribly painful.  Much better though by the time I finished the third one.  I've got to take my little victories and I'm happy that I get full extension pretty comfortably and about a 100 degree bend.  Going from bend right to full extension hurts something awful.

I'm not as dumb as I look lol. 100 degrees already is great - keep pushing through it.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Home workout was fun. Did an hour and 20 minute Wii Zumba "class", ITB rehab stuff (foam rolling, stretching, a mix of myrtl exercises and strength running exercises) core exercises on the stability ball, and arm exercises with 5lb weights.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Like!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies! Happy Saturday...

First, congrats Shari, and Freesoul - good racing out there today!

I know I'm not doing much in the way of shout-outs but I'm on 12 hour shifts this weekend. Barely enough time to get enough sleep, it seems. Oh well, one more day tomorrow then I'm off for a few.

5 miles in the Riverwalk park after work today. It was 55 out, but I dressed for 45. And I'm glad I did - there was a stiff NE wind that kept me cool.

Hoping for maybe a couple tomorrow, or maybe not. I'm going long on Monday, weather permitting, so I might take a rest day tomorrow.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

flarunner, cool that you were able to run in such pleasant conditions.

Rick, I'm happy that your run tournedos out well.

Kay, I hope that you had fun with the kids.

SIAR, awesome doubles.

Scott, have a great time skiing.

Shari, congratulations on your race!

robinde, I hope that the six miles on the dreadmill aren't terrible.

Gustav, did you safely de-snow all you needed to clear?

DaveP MI, you're so adaptable. I wonder if I'd be able to make such a big change to my plan on the fly.

Heidi, wonderful run at a wonderful pace.

Beth, I hope that whatever you do is fun.

BruceD555, bravo finishing the 7.5 safe.

AprilRunner, I'm glad that you safely managed six miles.

kristin10185, amazing home workout.

DCDan78, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Damaris, feh. I hope you feel well soon.

Robert, sweet 6.4.

AmiK, I'm glad that your six miles went so beautifully.

FreeSoul87, congratulations in exceeding your goal!

c0derunner, great run.

EbonyN, may you have a speedy and complete recovery.

Lily, I'm sorry that today didn't go a you'd expected. I hope that you have a good night's sleep tonight.

paulajcmd, amazing job making the best of an unpleasant surprise.

outoftheblue, have a great core workout and a refreshing recovery run.

Dave, the outdoor 10.2 sound like a lot of fun.

scrape., bravo finishing twelve miles in the snow.

scottydawg, congratulations!

Luke, I'm glad that your foot isn't giving you too much grief.

Fuzzy, nice twelve. I hope that the forecast turns out to be favorably incorrect.

Phil, you're still recovering. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Tom, sweet five-miler.

Today was a complete SRD. Lots of snow here. No public transportation. I don't own a car. A friend' cousin, who' heading in the direction I'd planned to head tonight, is kind enough to give me a lift.

Tomorrow will have a ten-mile LR, push-ups, ab work, and weights. I'll have to purchase a day pass to the local Y, which is in walking distance, to do my weight training.

runmomto3boys

Good afternoon everyone. As for me I'm slowly recovering from an Achilles Tendonitis, so I a walk/run work out today. It looks like I will be doing the walk/run then run/walk for a few weeks. It is very hard for me to build back up so slowly, but I know I will have to go slow so I don't aggravate my injury. I hope every one is doing well.

I'm glad you checked in!  I hope you are back to 100% sooner rather than later.

Zelanie

8.25 MLR done!  9:35 overall pace, nice and steady, picked it up for the last mile.  Everything just felt great!  Then I got home and DH had chocolate & peanut butter cookies coming out of the oven!

StepbyStep-SH

Oh, believe me I will be cautious. I actually just ran 11 yesterday all on the track and that went great...no problems at all. There are actually 4 treadmills there as well and if I have to do the full 17 inside, I'll probably cycle between the track and treadmill.

I've done that before, too, though last week I did my full 17 on the TM, with a break every hour to hop off and refill my water bottle. It can feel a bit like getting off a boat and needing to get your "land legs" back if I don't break it up.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I WILL conquer that hill............. someday. Maybe Spring Break  when the college punks are gone Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie, your man bakes? A keeper you have.

Zelanie

I know. Smile  He doesn't usually, but every now and then he surprises me with something like this!

tinman11

Zero miles.