Beginners and Beyond

Bakersfield Track Club Summer Series - Fun or Torture? (Read 32 times)

Rungry!

I’ve signed up for a summer evening run series put on by my local track club because other runners have claimed it was “fun”.  Yesterday it was 107 degrees out there!! Anyway, I performed dismally (even for a penguin like me!) and ended up doing more walking than running. I usually run first thing in the morning to avoid the heat so I am not acclimated for this type of thing.  Anyway, I made up a chart showing temp versus time for my 5K performance and it is obvious that any sort of heat makes me keel over and die.  Summer sucks!!

Jen

Jess runs for bacon

Hey now, that's a neat little chart!

#artbydmcbride

Bakersfield in July?

Runners run

Hip Redux

Well isn't that a nifty little chart!  And 107 sounds like torture, yes.

BTW - I use the word "hangry" which is when I am angry because I'm hungry (referring to your avi line). I didn't make it up but it works.  lol

Rungry!

Well isn't that a nifty little chart!  And 107 sounds like torture, yes.

BTW - I use the word "hangry" which is when I am angry because I'm hungry (referring to your avi line). I didn't make it up but it works.  lol

I'll have to remember the hangry term for it often describes me as well. Or would that be hanky (hungry + cranky)?

Jen

Rungry!

Bakersfield in July?

I completely agree, llene. Bakersfield summers are hell, running in anything over 80 degrees is unfun. On the upside, Bako is quite nice in the wintertime.

Jen

LRB

I am not exactly sure what they are hoping to accomplish, running at 5k effort is pretty strenuous in and of itself, let alone in a life sized oven.

Be careful running in that shit, and do not be afraid to walk when you feel the need.  You have nothing to prove.