Beginners and Beyond

Back from the dead Penguins! (Read 49 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Zel - Life would be a lot easier if we didn't have to work all day.  My day was shot when a fire broke out at the steel mill.  That was the one place I was supposed to be today, and that happened.  I don't think the damage will be all that bad, and the first report was that nobody was hurt.  So, that's good.

HsM - It's good to hear that he's feeling better, and able to help out around the house again.  That's good for both of you.

Phillie - Have a safe and wonderful trip.  Hopefully you can get a run or two in while you're out there.  There are some beautiful landscapes in Oregon.

Ginny - Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.  A muscle strain or something wouldn't seem to bad, as opposed to the alternative.

She Can - I think running is very therapeutic.  My wife says that I'm even better to be around when I have something like running in my life.  Before running, it was lifting.  I have to have something though, or I start to obsess about things that aren't really that important.  So, big things become huge things.

Jack - You're still not back?  How do I go about getting away from work for that long.  Sheesh!

Scotty - I am a little bit off, but I'm okay with that.

Jerry - I hope things continue to progress well.  Keep us posted.

Weird run after work today.  I think my legs thought we were still doing speed work.  My breathing was relaxed and everything, but I've been so consistent lately that I haven't been looking at my watch until it beeps.  Twice I had to push in the clutch so to speak because my mile times were faster than they needed to be.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: become a teacher! Smile

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - did you see the article about the virus/food poisoning outbreak?  http://www.myfoxny.com/Story/22910265/200-in-4-states-had-unidentified-stomach-bug I wonder if this has something to do with your husband's illness.

We went for a short hike today.  My body behaved, for the most part.  Best was the raspberry harvest.  There were a lot of nice ripe ones along the trail (and overgrowing it.)  Our dog discovered how tasty they are, and we had to really restrain him from diving in and devouring them all.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Kids scare me though.  Can I do it from behind bullet proof glass?

Awood: become a teacher! Smile

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Sloooow.

2 measly miles. Not the best idea, but I wanted to make sure my legs still worked. Legs were fine, chest pain and cold sweats while running is not fun.

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!

Zelanie

We went for a short hike today.  My body behaved, for the most part.  Best was the raspberry harvest.  There were a lot of nice ripe ones along the trail (and overgrowing it.)  Our dog discovered how tasty they are, and we had to really restrain him from diving in and devouring them all.

Glad your hike went well!  Our dog Mia harvests all our blueberries for us. Wink  They've also both been picking all the low blackberries on our walks lately.

Cherie- So sorry you're going through such a tough time!  I definitely feel that running helps me to handle challenges.  I think that's why DH doesn't mind that I'm out running so much- I'm sure I'm a nicer person when I'm home.

AFM, temps are down to 87, thinking it will be time to head out soon.

Zelanie

Oh, and Scotty- I think I'm going to be out of town myself when Hope'sMom is here, and also will miss Jack as he has lots of adventures planned for his summer too. Sad

Docket_Rocket

We are mostly paperless so when the systems go down, we cannot do much.

That sucks, bin, sure hope you don't get back that hazy air!   And you miss all the typhoon fun too!  I went through a few when I was in the P.I.....stuff flying all over the place....and being military we sometimes had to be out in it...ducking and dodging airborne tree limbs, trash cans, etc, dealing sometimes with horizontal rain coming right at you, and so forth.  SO much fun!  You're missing out, Bin!  Roll eyes

I do like it.  Its not easy..  Awood, you are a sick, sick, man.  Wink

Glad your DH is feeling better, HsM.  Maybe he can look after you now.

Happy trip for you, Phillie!  Oregon?  Isn't that where Zelanie is?  Are you two going to FE?

Yeah, Cherie, we are going to be hotter than AZ for a few days, go figure!  Sorry you are going through a rough patch, and glad the running helps. Yes, I personally find it very therapeutic and a good stress reliever for those times I am dealing with any stressful situations.  Helps keep me sane.  Oh, wait....Sane Scottydog would be an oxymoron... Joking

Nice photo, Jack, on the other thread, of that bear visiting your camp....yikes!   Wishing you and your DW a safe drive!

So no phone and no internet...then what do you do at the office, Damaris?  Well, it is the government, I assume you have a ton of paperwork to deal with.   Yeah, those damn sequester funds are also affecting the military gyms.  Used to be open all kinds of hours, even on the weekends.  Now they have cut back hours and on Sunday there is only ONE military gym open in the morning.  Considering we have FIVE military bases in San Antonio with a total of 8 gyms between them, pretty sad...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Ginny, did it on Tues evening.. Sorry abt the pain.. old shoes does that sometimes... Hope it's nothing..

Cherie, thanks I guess.. haa. Majority of our race are on a Sunday morning.. Starting time later than 730 is frown upon.. haa Our full started at 5am.. Whatever you are having a bad time now.. Hope it work out soon... I like to run and think only work/life/children.. haa..

Scotty, I am ok to be missing the typhoon.. they are getting crazier each year..

Jerry, good runwalk..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar