Beginners and Beyond

All by my lonesome... (Read 414 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

If I were independently wealthy, I might take a red eye out from Cali but I'm not. Clown

But go for it tomorrow.  Almost all of my races are alone so I know the feeling all too well, however, that also means I don't have to worry about how good, bad or miserable I look when the tank is empty.  Joking

Randy

If I didn't have plans tomorrow I'd run it, getting dragged to the mall Cry   Believe me, I'd much rather run the 5k.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I'm up in Bethlehem Pa so not too far but I am on the IR list. So maybe another race, another day, another time. I know you will kick that race tomorrow. Run hard, run fast, and run smart - but most importantly, know we are all behind you! Good luck!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I love to drive over to race with you if I wasn't just getting over being sick for several days. Maybe another time, especially if you're ever on this side of the Deleaware.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Antipodean

Doing things on your own builds character. At least that's what I keep telling myself. 

<< This.

I do most of my races by myself. On the odd occasion I do have someone along - my husband, daughter and/or mother, I feel a bit weird, like I have to entertain them or something.

As to the shit that happened, everyone deals with it differently, and for me, running a race with a bunch of strangers would actually be a kind of good way of seeing good in the world again.

Have a blast!

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I do almost all of my races alone, and I did 31 races last year! Use the alone time to get focused and think about your goals and really get in the zone.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

LRB

I do almost all of my races alone, and I did 31 races last year! Use the alone time to get focused and think about your goals and really get in the zone.

+1

I have gone alone to every race in my two years of running except for one.  And the one time I wasn't, I felt distracted!

Everyone is different though so if you're used to company, I can see how it can affect you.

I remember my first event where I was alone, didn't know anyone, didn't recognize anyone, didn't know what to do or where to do it.  I just drew on the fact that I went there to run my ass off, so that's what I did and I have never looked back!

Nevrgivup

This. I don't ever race with anyone. I can't stand the chatter and I hate having to either speed up or slow down for anyone else. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

aponi

never runs the tangents

So, how did it go?

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

@runjerseygirl

The race is at 2:00, so I'll be sure to update when I get home.  

I did find a friend of a friend that I'm going to meet up with.  I'm a social person, so I like going with people.  I'll still run by myself, but I like the socializing before and after.  Otherwise I'd just show up, run, and go home.  

Do you even run?

QUOTE: As to the shit that happened, everyone deals with it differently, and for me, running a race with a bunch of strangers would actually be a kind of good way of seeing good in the world again. I'm not wanting to hear all the news saturation right now. I'll try to control my dosage over the next couple of days until the rumors and misinformation are filtered out. And not to forget... Great luck and PR's for this race. Knock it out! Willis
                        daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I do races by myself all the time.  I have a set pre-race routine that I'm too afraid of disrupting, so I prefer to do races by myself.  Although it is kind of sucky not having anyone to hang out with afterwards.  Good luck, though!