Beginners and Beyond

There's a first time for everything THURSDAILIES (Read 43 times)

happylily

Scotty, Johnny Football? I have no idea who this person is.  And I don't think I've ever watched an entire game of football in my whole life, whether American or Canadian. I also don't play cards. I'm boring like that.

Tom, good luck with the MRI. Hopefully you can learn to manage the pain and continue running well. I think we are all hit eventually with something or another as our bodies accumulate mileage. Frustrating, but very little we can do about it.

I will not run today. I'm enjoying a quiet night of pizza, wine and chocolate mint ice cream. Then I will pack my bag for this weekend. Then a bath and early to bed. The day was busy, the cake ended as much on the floor as it did in little bellies. We made tattoos, raked leaves (it's a never ending activity here) and had a nap. Except I didn't get to nap, because I received a phone call and I talked for two hours. grrr... I'm such a motor mouth.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I will not run today. I'm enjoying a quiet night of pizza, wine and chocolate mint ice cream.

You rang? 

Docket_Rocket

Martini for me.  Or two.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Martini for me.  Or two.

What flavor do you indulge in?

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Scotty

definitely need more beer!

PM

Storms killed the practice:

6000 meters easy done

happylily

You rang? 

I only had white wine left, unfortunately. White wine and pizza just isn't the same as a good red wine and pizza. And does white wine have any health benefits anyway? Not that I've heard of... Anyway, the ice cream just gave me some short-lived happiness and then a headache and lots of guilt. Much like sex in my youth. Remind me to stay away from ice cream in the future...

Mmmmm...beer

Let me think about it some more. Maybe I'll just pay the $35 and do it as a fun run.

What is this fun run nonsense you speak of?

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

And does white wine have any health benefits anyway?

Yes, you get a buzz then can enjoy some of that short-lived happiness you spoke of.  lol

I will drink pinot grigio if no red is available, it's actually not that bad.

Docket_Rocket

What flavor do you indulge in?

Green apple.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Green apple.

Hmm, I can dig it.  I like cosmopolitans, which taste like kool-aid but will bip bop your ass right into a coma if you go so much as one too many!  lol

happylily

Yes, you get a buzz then can enjoy some of that short-lived happiness you spoke of.  lol

I will drink pinot grigio if no red is available, it's actually not that bad.

I guess so... LOL...

B-Plus

What is this fun run nonsense you speak of?

I believe they call that a 5k marathon in some running circles.

B-Plus

I'm hungry.

Free - 3.87 is my "short" out and back to the 2nd street light Smile

10.2 glorious evening miles in the park.  The Feels Like temp was more than 100 degrees warmer than a certain blizzard jaunt just a few months ago!

meaghansketch

Redeemed my terrible subpar workout on Tuesday with a pretty good one.

3x1 mile repeats around T pace on a rolling course

7:52

7:46

7:50

Felt good... Last workout before my race Sunday.  Aiming for right around 7:30-7:35 pace for 4 miles.