Beginners and Beyond

What is your toughest workout? (Read 103 times)

LRB

I am doing this on Saturday.  How did it go LRB?  I'm not too crazy about doing it in South Dakota on vacation.

Understanding that his plans are written for runners half my age (or younger!), I modify the shit out of most of them.  This is what I did:

2.16 mile warmup: 9:10 pace
    1.5 miles @ tempo: 6:57

3 min recovery

1.5 miles @ tempo: 7:02

3 minute recovery
    2.71 miles easy:  8:37
    3 miles @ tempo: 7:05

I tallied 12 miles total for the workout, which was good enough for me, as I had about as much interest in running the 17-19 miles as originally written, as I do getting a haircut at Bo-Rics.

Though I did not hit my target pace that particular day, I was satisfied with my effort for the workout.

LRB

I can't decide both come up in the next 2 weeks:

4 x (1 mile) w 3-5 min rest between @ 5:47  + warm-up and Cool down. (6+ total miles)

or

5 x (1200 meters) w 3-5 rest between @ 4:21 + warm-up and Cool down. (7+ total miles)

That's like deciding between the chair or the firing squad.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Well, I'm not sure if that makes me feel better about it or not...lol  I guess if I don't make it, then I'll feel better about it.  If I go into expecting to actually follow it completely, then it actually intimidates me that much more.  I started a thread about the circumstances surrounding this run.  I may HAVE to alter this one.  I've followed the rest of the workouts almost to the letter.  If I absolutely can't get this one done, I guess I'll live.

Understanding that his plans are written for runners half my age (or younger!), I modify the shit out of most of them.  This is what I did:

2.16 mile warmup: 9:10 pace
        1.5 miles @ tempo: 6:57

3 min recovery

1.5 miles @ tempo: 7:02

3 minute recovery
        2.71 miles easy:  8:37
        3 miles @ tempo: 7:05

I tallied 12 miles total for the workout, which was good enough for me, as I had about as much interest in running the 17-19 miles as originally written, as I do getting a haircut at Bo-Rics.

Though I did not hit my target pace that particular day, I was satisfied with my effort for the workout.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013