Beginners and Beyond

Boston celebratory Tuesdailies....... (Read 41 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Shari, where are you racing next? I think I've asked you before.

Illinois Marathon in Champaign-Urbana Saturday. Should be flat, nice size, and right now, temps are looking good - 40s at the start, high in the mid-60s.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Illinois Marathon in Champaign-Urbana Saturday. Should be flat, nice size, and right now, temps are looking good - 40s at the start, high in the mid-60s.

Sweet! I can't wait to read the RR. Smile It's a bit far for me, about 11 hours. Maybe destination marathon material?

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

I want to do that race in the next two years so I'm looking forward to your comments on it.  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

No real solid goal set for the marathon.  Coming in under 3:20 would be nice.  Really though I just want to see how much of a bite I can take out of that 3:45 PR.  As far as the 10K goes, I'd like to PR that too.  That's a 6:59 pace, which I should comfortably be able to hold for 6.2 miles.  I'm training through it though, so I don't know how much my legs are going to like that.  I don't know what my true 10K pace is right now.

Right on, sounds like you're ready for a serious PR, good luck!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Making friends with Jack Daniels again.  3x 1 mile at T pace, 4x200m at R pace.

JD has been very, very good to me.  At times (depending on the workout) it can be extremely tough, but it is all science based and the shit just works.

Speaking of which today was one of those tough days for me, being the first interval workout at my new VO2 training pace and let me just say this, I got my ass kicked all up and down the boulevard!  So much in fact that I actually walked briefly for the first time ever while running on my work route!

It was windy as hell today and I took the out and back option (8 mile route) so of course the speed portion was spent running directly into a headwind.  Shit, after the second full set I could barely breathe.  lol

I ended up doing 4 sets and despite not hitting my target pace as consistently as I would have liked, it was a good, tough, solid workout.

2 minutes hard, 1 min recovery, 1 min hard, 30 sec recovery, 30 secs hard, 1:15 recovery.  Repeated 4 times.

2.29 miles @ 6:07 (target was 5:55).

8 miles total.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I plan on running after work today, between 4:30 and 5:30 pm.  Well, run/walk, since I can't run nonstop anymore (damn this stupid arthritis!)...temp at that time...89 degrees with a 'feels like' temp of 92.  The only good thing is the humidity will be 38% and the dewpoint will be 58...so that will help.  If we had Damaris' Miami dewpoint and humidity with my 89 degrees, I might be forced to go do some pool running!

Midnight run? Dang, Redrum, you're very ambitiously out there early.

Congrats on your workout, LRB.

No doubt in my mind you will rock your 10K, Phil.   As for your marathon, would not surprise me at all if you got a BQ.

Happy miles, D2!

Making friends with Jack Daniels?  Don't get pulled over for a breathalyzer test during your speed workouts, Meghan.

How's the ankle, FreeSoul?

If you do get out there, Lauren, enjoy the miles with your friends.

Massage and dinner, now that's the way to do it post-run, Step!

Happy 12, Damaris, hope it cools down for you.  Doubtful, but one can always hope.

You're in taper mode too now, Andrew?

Nice walk, Pink, gotta love days like that when you're feeling good and going strong.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me.

Marjorie

B-Plus

Running later.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty - my ankle seems to be doing a lot better, I have been icing it, wearing the brace and running trails since last Wednesday and things seem to be getting better.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Got out for 4 with my friends (we got a late start and one of them had to leave by 3). 9:41 pace, shins felt great the whole time, and I am seriously thankful for all my treadmill miles in the 74 degree gym this winter - no problem transitioning to running in spring weather!

happylily

8 miles easy pace, incl. 10x150m strides at 10 mph, 8:16 avg.

Now, what to eat tonight? If I serve the frozen pizza, the boy will yell at me that I'm trying to poison him... Maybe pasta? Pasta, yes... It's easy and quick. (don't mind me, just talking to myself...)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Ended up with 8 instead of 12.  I didn't have time for more.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

I'm still trying to wade through all the news from Boston.  It sounds like it was an extraordinary experience this year.  I'm also looking forward to the continuing Spring marathon season for all the RA folks.   It's always so cool to follow everyone's training throughout the year and then see how they did on the big day.

I'm between training cycles myself.  I'm loosely building up my miles for the SF marathon, although that one is going to be purely for fun this year.  I actually want to experience those last few miles without being in agony.   Maybe I will even avail myself to those who were handing out Wild Turkey last year.

On the daily running front, 13.3 miles done in high winds today for me.  Just chugging along . . .

Life is good.

LRB

Finally in from a long day...say, whatever happened to the OP?  lol