Beginners and Beyond

No sleeping in SunDAILIES (Read 44 times)

Just B.S.

Hey! Wear that as a badge of honor! (And I bet you have some good sock tan lines we can't see since you're wearing shoes.)

You are right lots of tan lines on the legs. I look ridiculous wearing sandals/skirts with the sock lines from biking and running and the awful toenails . Plus side is I have pretty good legs for a 50+ girl so I can live with the consequences of all the hard work that gets me good legs  

From the Internet.

Raced a 5k this morning, ate delicious food and drank beer in the afternoon. 27:15 for the 5k, not a PR but happy with it given the weather (sunny and upper 70s/low 80s). I feel like I had another gear in my legs and if I hadn't been so damn hot I could have shaved maybe a minute (or more? who knows) off that. Bodes well for fall racing if I can get a summer of speedwork and increased mileage under my belt Smile

Legs feel pretty good, taking tomorrow off then back at it on Tuesday!

Docket_Rocket

Soooo, not long after posting on fb about how great my base building is going, I stepped off the deck and right into a hole, twisting the shit out of my left ankle.  It's a lil swollen, just around the ankle bone on the outside of my foot, and hurts a lil, but not too bad.  I RICE'd it for a while, we'll see how it looks/feels tomorrow.  Hopefully it's nothing serious.  I'm going to be so pissed if it's actually hurt.

Ouch!  I do that a lot, and they are not fun.  Hope it's nothing serious!  On your first run back, tape it (I usually do this), because even though the pain and swelling can be gone, you might still have some tenderness.  BTW, my ankle swells every time I fly so if flying I would wear compression socks for a while (if you're flying in the next few weeks).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Raced a 5k this morning, ate delicious food and drank beer in the afternoon. 27:15 for the 5k, 

Great job! Congrats!

LRB

So I'll post a daily once in a while, ask questions, seek advice... and who knows, I might end up posting often.

Whatever you like it's all good.

Congrats on the race Lauren, you are doing really well!

Beth when I'm on I'm on, but when I'm not drinking (which does happen from time to time) I wouldn't touch the stuff with a 10 foot pole.  30 days to your event and counting, yeee doggie!

Thank goodness your dog is okay Z.  Now let's hope there's not a bill in the mail...although we would pay almost anything for our pets!

You didn't jinx yourself D2 that stuff happens.  I just went through it a few days ago with my back, which was also a non-running injury.

Yard work is done, and speaking of the wagon I will be on it tonight and not drinking as I want to recover uninhibited from my running exploits this weekend.  I only ran 24 miles between the two days but yesterdays easy run was pretty brisk coming off of a rest day Friday.

MothAudio

Soooo, not long after posting on fb about how great my base building is going, I stepped off the deck and right into a hole, twisting the shit out of my left ankle.  It's a lil swollen, just around the ankle bone on the outside of my foot, and hurts a lil, but not too bad.  I RICE'd it for a while, we'll see how it looks/feels tomorrow.  Hopefully it's nothing serious.  I'm going to be so pissed if it's actually hurt.

And following ASW too. Hope it's nothing serious. Ice that thing.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

meaghansketch

Man, what a week of running!  I've been keeping most of my miles under wraps this week (for All-Stars Week) but I'm pretty happy with what I accomplished.  I will share more later in the week-- just want to thank all you folks whether you're in the 2014 in 2014 or not for inspiring me to always aim higher.  I know I wouldn't have accomplished what I did without you all.

LRB

Man, what a week of running!  I've been keeping most of my miles under wraps this week (for All-Stars Week) but I'm pretty happy with what I accomplished.  I will share more later in the week-- just want to thank all you folks whether you're in the 2014 in 2014 or not for inspiring me to always aim higher.  I know I wouldn't have accomplished what I did without you all.

Okay that sounds way big!

B-Plus

Scary Zel!

Sorry D2. Take care of that ankle!

Docket_Rocket

Raced a 5k this morning, ate delicious food and drank beer in the afternoon. 27:15 for the 5k, not a PR but happy with it given the weather (sunny and upper 70s/low 80s). I feel like I had another gear in my legs and if I hadn't been so damn hot I could have shaved maybe a minute (or more? who knows) off that. Bodes well for fall racing if I can get a summer of speedwork and increased mileage under my belt Smile

Legs feel pretty good, taking tomorrow off then back at it on Tuesday!

Nice job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, Lauren!

D2- Take care of it!

Zel - Scary now, but it will make a great story someday.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Thank goodness your dog is okay Z.  Now let's hope there's not a bill in the mail...although we would pay almost anything for our pets!

I hear it's a free service, going to make sure to send a donation and some cookies I think.  I'd much rather pay those guys than emergency vet bills, or worse, bills from DH falling off that cliff trying to get her himself and needing the ER!

Edited to add- Also, I hear that they use these dog rescues as training on the cliffs so that if they ever need to do a human rescue, they're practiced and ready.  So that's probably the main reason that they do them.

In running news, my Hanson's week 1 survived the weekend unscathed since I ran in the morning yesterday before all the drama.  It turns out that beach running is difficult!  I don't know if that place is windier than others, but OMG that was some serious work!

D2- Hope your super running powers translate into super recovery power!

Congrats to all the all-stars!

meaghansketch

Okay that sounds way big!

Nah, I'm probably making too much of it.  Just pleased with myself and nowhere better to share it than here Smile

StepbyStep-SH

Nah, I'm probably making too much of it.  Just pleased with myself and nowhere better to share it than here Smile

Don't let her kid you - it IS WAY BIG! My fellow "T-Shirt" rocked this week!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.