Beginners and Beyond

The Last MONDAILIES of 2012 (Read 191 times)

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!                  

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

I'll head to the gym late this morning for cardio. While I'm itching to go for a run, I'll probably use the ArcTrainer.

flarunner

Have a good workout Basya.

Did my last little 5 miler of the year. Another 20 degree change in weather, this time downward. Gotta love Florida!

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe out there!

LRB

Ah yes, indeed it is.  And at 12:01 tonight, registration for a race around here opens up.  Hmm...

In the meantime, here's some freshly ground coffee for anyone who wants it:

@runjerseygirl

.1 miles into my run and my foot is screaming at me.  Top inside of my left foot.  Not how I wanted to end/start the year. Cry

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  A run (haven't decided how long) and maybe core or weights (or both), tonight.

LRB, thanks for the coffee.

Kay, ugh.  Hope it's nothing!  Is it the plantar fascia?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Morning!  A run (haven't decided how long) and maybe core or weights (or both), tonight.

LRB, thanks for the coffee.

Kay, ugh.  Hope it's nothing!  Is it the plantar fascia?

I don't know.  But if it continues, I'm going to get it checked out.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Get it checked out!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I don't know.  But if it continues, I'm going to get it checked out.

What's the name of the shoe you run in?

@runjerseygirl

What's the name of the shoe you run in?

Adidas Climacool Ride.

Do you even run?

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Racing a Beat the Ball 5K tonight.  Race starts at 11:35pm, there's a special award for finishing before midnight.  Hoping to get my sub-20, keep your fingers crossed. Smile

Kay, hope it's nothing.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

@runjerseygirl

Good morning everyone!

Racing a Beat the Ball 5K tonight.  Race starts at 11:35pm, there's a special award for finishing before midnight.  Hoping to get my sub-20, keep your fingers crossed. Smile

Kay, hope it's nothing.

Dave, that sounds like a really cool race.  Make sure you let us know how you do. Smile

Do you even run?

Rest day for me.

D- you've got this!  Hope things go great tonight.  : )

Kay- I'm trying to remember, was it you who just started wearing a new kind of shoe?  Do you think it could be from that?

Have a great last day of the year, guys!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

LRB

Adidas Climacool Ride.

Some of the comments I saw suggest this is a minimalist type shoe that doesn't offer a lot of support.  There was also this from someone who reviewed the shoe:

"While this is a great new running shoe, with surprisingly tremendous versatility, it’s not for everyone. If you’re a runner who needs a less flexible shoe with additional medial protection in the midsole and/or upper, the ClimaCool Ride just won’t do it for you."

Mmmmm...beer

Dave, that sounds like a really cool race.  Make sure you let us know how you do. Smile

I thought so too.  I figured I was going to be up anyway, and then we can celebrate the New Year at the post-race party. Smile  Plus it sounded better than getting up to run a 5k on New Year's Day lol  I'll definitely post the results, good, bad, or other.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!