Beginners and Beyond

Coffee Delivery (Read 109 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Seriously, someone should really come up with this. A business that delivers coffee because I need more and I can't really leave my office right now. Cry

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

@runjerseygirl

At my last job we would regularly discuss how we should start a fresh brewed coffee delivery service.

Do you even run?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

At my last job we would regularly discuss how we should start a fresh brewed coffee delivery service.

Somebody needs to, they would have a very successful business, and not the cheap crap that you get at most places of business but the good shit.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Ultra Cowboy

Faster and prolly cheaper....

However our Bottled water supplier delivers 50 pks of coffee grounds 2x a month...

WYBMADIITY

Save

LRB

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hmmmm LRB, I wonder how his business is doing.............

Rocky II, I have had a coffee maker here in the shop, but I always end up getting rid of it due to either hardly enough usage or not enough room.... I don't know how many times I have bought one for here and then gotten rid of it.

PRs

xor

Coffee delivery services have been around since forever, in big cities at least.  You will occasionally see them referenced in old sitcoms, like Dick Van Dyke (where one of the recurring coffee/danish guys was pre-Klinger Jamie Farr).  But they kind of went out of favor like the milkman.

In Seattle, there are lots of catering services that will deliver boxed lunches and/or coffee.  But you pay.

Ultra Cowboy

FS87, Remind me what kind of Shop you have...Is it retail or production?

I was really impressed with the waiting area at my local automotive shop.  Leather couches, Tropical fish tank 25 different magazines, kids toys, TV and DVD Player, and a computer with internet access.  Then a Keurig coffee maker with 20 different coffees and teas and ciders and hot chocolate.

The one thing that struck me the most was the brushed stainless steel toolbox with Cookie Lee jewelery the wife sells.

Anyway I went off on a tangent...Oh yeah...If you want to have customers "hang out" and browse, a cuppa joe seems to really work.

WYBMADIITY

Save

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Manufacturing, look up www.chaosus.com. That is our business and website, if you aren't a fan of guns then you won't care but we sell a lot and it's good money. DH doesn't want to move into another building until we have at least 8 people on the floor (only 4-5 at the moment), and the office/kitchen area isn't big enough for a bunch of stuff. I have a small oven and a microwave in here, and a lemon squeezer that I don't even use anymore Big grin, so I might get rid of that and replace it with a coffee maker. I also have a drying rack for my son's bottles and other feeding stuff, so the counter is pretty full. I'll have to find out if our 2 new employees like coffee, if so then I will definitely get another coffee maker.

PRs

Ultra Cowboy

Very Nice.  (My taste is more towards classic firearms but I respect what you do).

Good to see a self employed couple starting a family and expanding their business.

I'd say a Keurig for the customers in the Showroom and shooting lane is a perk...

WYBMADIITY

Save

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Very Nice.  (My taste is more towards classic firearms but I respect what you do).

Good to see a self employed couple starting a family and expanding their business.

I'd say a Keurig for the customers in the Showroom and shooting lane is a perk...

Lol, yeah I'd like to collect any of them. Apparently people really like to dress up their shotguns..... and will spend a lot of money to do it, who am I to say otherwise Big grin

At this point we're pretty much a website store, we manufacture in house but sell online and ship from our shop. We do have Dealers/Distributors who I believe have their own stores.

PRs

Better I Leave

Back in the early 70s we had an oil embargo. There were lines outside the gas stations before dawn. My mother, sister, and I would get up at 3AM, brew coffee, deep fry doughnuts, and take them out to the local gas stations to the folks waiting for the stations to open so that they could get gas.

The profit went to finance some great road trip/camping trips to Washington, Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, and Canada.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Back in the early 70s we had an oil embargo. There were lines outside the gas stations before dawn. My mother, sister, and I would get up at 3AM, brew coffee, deep fry doughnuts, and take them out to the local gas stations to the folks waiting for the stations to open so that they could get gas.

The profit went to finance some great road trip/camping trips to Washington, Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, and Canada.

That sounds really cool, the road trip parts. Coffee is one of the greatest inventions of all time Big grin

PRs

Just B.S.

Coffee delivery services have been around since forever, in big cities at least.  You will occasionally see them referenced in old sitcoms, like Dick Van Dyke (where one of the recurring coffee/danish guys was pre-Klinger Jamie Farr).  But they kind of went out of favor like the milkman.

In Seattle, there are lots of catering services that will deliver boxed lunches and/or coffee.  But you pay.

Even small cities. I remember them here back in the early 1980's when i was working my first office job.

Most of the companies who focues soley on "delivery" based coffee/treat are out of business but there are

still a few small local companies who will deliver free with a minimum $$ order.

Just B.S.

Geessh I'm old. I remember watching coverage on the news.

There are many large rivers where I live and several local free cable ferries that are part of our

road system. There it's a pretty rural"ish" area with no stores nearby and  folks who walk up and

down the waiting lines selling, newspaper, coffee, treats etc etc...........they must be some money

in it as they have been doing it for years.