Beginners and Beyond

Get Up Off That Thing, TUESDAILIES! (Read 259 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Baboon, thanks for the update!

Coderunner - team frostbite sounds like the team I was on way back in the day when I was a meter reader for the electric company in Cleveland, Ohio.

In non-race related news, my new computer is due to be delivered tomorrow, I have a new pair of shorts coming from Running Warehouse tomorrow also, and I ordered a pair of commemorative glasses from the Chattanooga Whiskey Company that ought to be coming some time this week. I will be enjoying visits from UPS, FedEx, and whoever else wants to bring me stuff.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! 5 planned after work. It's going to be 41. Whoa. I might get to try out my new arm warmers! Yay!

@runjerseygirl

Still no running for me. Sad

Pilates class during lunch.

Do you even run?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, major rain today. Started raining last night and is supposed to continue through Wednesday.  Hope we don't get flooding around here. I usually run after work (4 pm to 6 pm time frame) but at that time major thunderstorms are predicted, so I may go over to the gym in the morning from work and run while the rain is still light and then just work late after that.

Disappointing game last night - except for Alabama fans -  for the BCS championship game, Notre Dame never really showed up.   I watched the first half and then watched something else, it was so aggravating.  Getting tired of Alabama winning each year - kind of like when the Yankees used to win the World Series year after year, that was darn annoying, damn Yankees - hope next year someone knocks the Tide for a loop, so we get a couple of different teams for that game.   OK, I'm through whining about my team losing. Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Supp.

6 miles on the belt done in 55:00.

I have decided that I prefer to run outside.  That is all.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope you feel better, Step!

Good luck with your miles, RM23B!

Safe trip, Sparker, enjoy your time with your son.  Sorry about the knee.

Baboon, glad you can at least still be active. Good luck!

A moth finish...no, no, Tom, don't run into the flame!  Wink  Happy running!

Good luck with your 5 c0derunner!

Kay, did I miss something?  Why are you not running? Whatever the reason, hope it passes quickly.

41, BRRR!  Good luck with your miles, April.

Congrats on your TM run, LRB.  You have way more patience than I do.  I have to run outside, can't stand inside running.  Even in inclement weather, I still go run outside.  Me and the TM do not get along.  The staffs at the gyms I go to know this very well and have BANNED me from using the TM, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! Still no running for me, I'll be doing this cardio circuit I found online as well as a short ab video.

LRB

Congrats on your TM run, LRB.  You have way more patience than I do.  I have to run outside, can't stand inside running.  Even in inclement weather, I still go run outside.  Me and the TM do not get along.  The staffs at the gyms I go to know this very well and have BANNED me from using the TM, lol.

It's mostly mental.  Once I accept that I am going to run on the stupid thing, I can go ahead and do it.  If however, I go to sleep with the thought of running outside the next morning, but instead wake up to say a monsoon, I am madder than a hornet at the thought of running on it.

Grown Ass Woman, my PT showed me a couple of pilates movements yesterday, if you can do that, yeah, Grown Ass Woman is right!

B-Plus, I have a 30 day pass to to use the facilities for continued therapy.  I am unsure if I am going to use it though, we'll see.

Tom, I shut off the TV when Alabama scored its fifth touchdown then, when I turned the TV on this morning, the replay of the game was on and they were kicking the extra point for that very touchdown!

Got my butt out of bed and ran before work this morning.  Huge victory for me.  I got out the door 30 minutes later than I wanted and ran 4.5 miles instead of the 5-6 I wanted to do.  But I did it.  Now the trick is to make morning running a habit.

You can call me Anna

delicate flower

I have decided that I prefer to run outside.  That is all.

Indeed.  I found that the more I run outside, the harder it is to get back on the treadmill.  It seems like I need to get "used to it" again.  I had a stretch over the summer where I went about two months of 100% outdoor miles.  The couple of treadmill runs after that were painfully boring.  Heh...it's like drinking booze.  You can lose tolerance.  Big grin

<3

LRB

Got my butt out of bed and ran before work this morning.  Huge victory for me.  I got out the door 30 minutes later than I wanted and ran 4.5 miles instead of the 5-6 I wanted to do.  But I did it.  Now the trick is to make morning running a habit.

I'm in year three now and have gone from 4 mile morning runs my first year, to 5 mile runs my second year to now 6 mile runs all before work.  It's a kick ass way to start the day if you can pull it off, but yes, it is a process.

Stick with it though, you'll likely come to love it too...or you won't!

Big grin

YAYpril - B-Plus

Scotty, 41 is positively balmy for me! It was 22 when I woke up this morning. Smile

Angela, great job getting out the door this morning. I struggle with that too. I'm going to have to make it a habit again soon since I'll be training for my first marathon over the SUMMER. I find it easier in the summer than the winter since at least it's light outside and warm.

LRB, it's impossible for me to do an "easy" run on the treadmill since I have to change something every couple of minutes to stave off boredom. Every TM run seems to turn into speedwork, so too much of it is bad for me! Big grin

Robert31320

Team TJ

Running rest day for me.  Planning to try this core stuff everyone talks about, tonight.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Just B.S.

It's 30F here today!!!!!!!!!!Big grin So excited! Hasn't been that warm in a month!

Heading out for 12 miles soon.

FWIW, with all the talk of Pilates.......I have been doing a Pilates DVD series at home  for many years.

I give Pilates and regular stretching the credit for being injury free since 2005. I started running in 2000

and had a bad bout with ITBS in 2002 that prevented me from running my first half until 2003. And an

awful bout with  piriformis in 2005 that cut short the training for my first full. I didn't try a full again until

Oct 2010 and went on to do 5 in 23 months without any problems

After those early injuries I learned to listen to my body signals much more than my heart telling me to

run when I felt a possible  injury coming on. I don't mind taking a few days off when by body tells me to. I'd

rather do that than end up injured.

The combination of core, strength and stretching you get in Pilates is a huge assets to runners. If you

haven't tried it you should give it a shot!! Pilates 3xweek and you are golden!!

LRB

Boon, painful is right!

April, when you're coming off injury, that temptation is easily shooed away.

Beth, pilates may be a better option for me than yoga.  We'll see...