Beginners and Beyond

The Sunday Penguins are Marching (Read 25 times)

hog4life

Ok, 2.65 mile run/walk with Bella, like 11:15 OA pace. Then a 5 mile bike ride, done this hard, oops, supposed to be easy, in 19:50, for a 3:59 pace, lol. Then a 1.65 mile run that felt horrible after the bike ride, but it ended with a 10:25 pace. Now I'm sitting on the porch drinking some beers and watch kids go back and forth on one of those motorized scooters.

Damaris, glad you are getting better. When you ride, are you pushing yourself a little, or just taking it easy? Did I miss the pics of you and Jerry?

Jerry, congrats to you and DW on the half! Looking forward to hearing all a bout it.

Traci, beautiful weather! I love it. Bella says its too hot though.

Ginny, I am doing a duathlon on April 12, 3 run/13.5 ride/3 run. Then the next day I'm doing a HM.

Jack , I'm so glad to hear the house is okay.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hi Pens.

Good news: The house is still standing and we are back in a day early. Better yet, the power is on! None of the neighbor's houses were damaged and there is only a bit of mud, sticks and other debris in the street. Better still, I just ran six miles in a nice cool mist. Hopefully things will get back to normal.

Great to hear Jack. Smile

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

15 miles on the bike.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

hog, you didn't miss it.  I forgot to post Jerry's picture.  Will try tonight.  And as for the bike, I am already doing my normal workouts and feeling fine.  In fact, I bet I could start running already (although I am going to wait).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Hi Pens.

Good news: The house is still standing and we are back in a day early. Better yet, the power is on! None of the neighbor's houses were damaged and there is only a bit of mud, sticks and other debris in the street. Better still, I just ran six miles in a nice cool mist. Hopefully things will get back to normal.

Glad all is well.

GinnyinPA

Jack - great news.

Jerry - I'm glad you're enjoying the sun and warmth.

Damaris - Nice ride.  You won't lose much conditioning with all the cross training.

Tracilynn - wow that is a wild swing in temperatures.

Our big snowstorm has been downgraded.  I'm not at all sorry.  They are still calling for snow, but only an inch or two, not the 6-10 I read yesterday.  I ended up doing 11 on the TM.

MothAudio

Hi Pens.

Great news Jack. Been following this story on the news.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile