Beginners and Beyond

Penguins. Here's Tuesday's thread...down here...yeah...right here (Read 30 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) ShyShyShy

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Yep.  I didn't want anybody to get lost.  So, I made it really easy to find.

This morning was 1000 m Intervals with 5 min recovery jogs.  That was fun, yet WTF at the same time.  I hit my paces, and feel great about it.  That's what matters.

How's your day lookin'?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Awood.. that's easy to find.. Good job on the intervals.. how many rep?

7.5M today.. today weather as as cooling as yday and I decided to push my low miles days back from Monday.. Not sure if I should push for another 7M tmr if it is as good..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Good job guys.

SRD here for me.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 with fartleks tonight.

Let me get this straight.  The penguins are right here?Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning!  6 with fartleks tonight.

Let me get this straight.  The penguins are right here?Joking

he had to dumb it down for me

Tomas

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

LOL - glad I found it.

4 miles for me yesterday.  Today SRD - runs on the schedule for me tomorrow and next day.  Heat index supposed to get close to 100 locally.  (as close to whining as I'll get)  Yesterday was one of those runs where I just didn't want to get out the but did and felt twice as good as I did before I started.  I also found two chanterelles (mushrooms).  I picked them and had them with dinner - good stuff.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Tuesday!  Got in 3.2 miles this morning around the campus of University of Texas at San Antonio.  Timed it just right, after I got back into the gym, the Heavens opened up.  60% chance of thunderstorms today in our area and it has begun, supposed to be like this all day and through the evening, so I'm glad I got up early this morning and got my run in.

July 16th is International Jugglers Day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Too late, Awood. I've been lost most of my life. Joking   Congrats on your intervals.

Must be nice having that cooler weather, Bin!  As for tomorrow....hey, if you feel good, then go for it.

Enjoy the SRD, Tomas!  I keep getting e-mail for that bridge race thingy - I think it's a 10K and a half marathon - that goes over that bridge in Corpus Christi.  I dunno about that one, someone last year , can't remember who,  told me he did it and it was terribly organized, and he would not do that one again.

Good luck with the fartleks tonite, Damaris!  Where are the penguins, again?

Happy rest day, Vance.   Ugg, 100 degree heat index. We actually have a cool front - only in the 80s here - for the next few days with all this rain.   My run this morning, it was was only 72 degrees...altho the flippin' dew point was over 70, gaaack!  Very humid outside too with all these thunderstorms around.   Mushrooms?  Dead  Mushrooms is fungus, you know...you can get the same effect by just licking the inside of your running shoes... Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Amazonian Princess

G'morning! Whew, glad I found ya Big grin

Five miles last night; I had planned on four but took walk breaks so I thought I'd add a little extra at the end and ended up with five! Looking at my app, each mile was a little faster and at the end I felt like I could have kept going but I had leftover birthday cake waiting for me.

Thank you for the birthday wishes on Saturday. The 5k was a lot of fun even though I started about 2 minutes after the gun because I had to make a last minute stop at the ladies room. Three servings of bacon fried rice and not nearly enough roughage the day before brought on a visit from the Poo Monster's cousin, The Gloo Monster Joking Nonetheless, I hit the starting line and just chugged along except for the three times I had to stop for traffic lights. Thought about running through the crosswalks anyway but I was so far behind the other runners that I decided to just relax and not worry about time. And didn't officially cross the finish line, either- I stopped about 25 yards before the balloon arch which was set up over an incredibly busy driveway and was debating whether to risk it just for a photo when a tall cargo truck sped out the driveway and collided with the top of the arch! Not sure it it's considered DFL or DNF but it was better than MVA!

Weights and core work with the trainer tonight and we'll probably ride our bikes to the session.

Have a good day!

I can. I will. I am. 

From the Internet.

Morning pens! Pool running workout this morning - there were 5 of us and our coach, nice start to the day with a good workout with good people Smile Legs are feeling a little bit stiff but not as bad as I thought they'd be after yesterday's run. Will probably do weights tomorrow morning at home and I have ~3 miles planned for as early as I can get up Thursday morning. Shooting for 13 miles total this week.

Bin Running

Oh ya. I passed 1K miles today. Smile

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

With all the racing and drinking and dancing this weekend my body is revolting. I took a URD. I felt like poo this morning. Meh.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  DH and Dusty and I are back from NC -- it was a long trip and a busy one, but Dad's retirement party was lots of fun, and it's all good.  Of course, now I'm back at work ...
                              It's DH's birthday today, so woo-hoo for him!

Awood -- Yep, the thread was easy to find!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your 7.5!!

T-rod -- have a good SRD!!

Docket -- yeah, we're RIGHT HERE!  Enjoy the fartleks!!

N-Bug -- have a good SRD!!  Finding and eating mushrooms scares me a little -- I don't know enough not to pick the wrong thing!

scotty -- glad you missed the downpour!!

Bacon -- happy belated birthday!!  And sounds like a really interesting race finish!!

Lauren -- the pool sounds pretty good on this hot day!!

kristin -- hope you feel better as the day goes on!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Too late, Awood. I've been lost most of my life. Joking   Congrats on your intervals.

Must be nice having that cooler weather, Bin!  As for tomorrow....hey, if you feel good, then go for it.

Enjoy the SRD, Tomas!  I keep getting e-mail for that bridge race thingy - I think it's a 10K and a half marathon - that goes over that bridge in Corpus Christi.  I dunno about that one, someone last year , can't remember who,  told me he did it and it was terribly organized, and he would not do that one again.

Good luck with the fartleks tonite, Damaris!  Where are the penguins, again?

Happy rest day, Vance.   Ugg, 100 degree heat index. We actually have a cool front - only in the 80s here - for the next few days with all this rain.   My run this morning, it was was only 72 degrees...altho the flippin' dew point was over 70, gaaack!  Very humid outside too with all these thunderstorms around.   Mushrooms?  Dead  Mushrooms is fungus, you know...you can get the same effect by just licking the inside of your running shoes... Wink

The Harbor Half Marathon has 3 options I think. The half marathon, the 10k, and a half marathon relay. Last year wasnt horrible as far as organization. They ran out of medals and some of the water stations had warm water.

I think I will probably do the HM again this year.

Tomas