Beginners and Beyond

NRR: Adding pictures (Read 142 times)

When I try to add a picture, it's asking for a website host.  Where do you host your pictures?

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

When I try to add a picture, it's asking for a website host.  Where do you host your pictures?

Since I'm a n00b here and just learned how, thanks to SRL, I'll tell you what he told me.  And it worked.

Use TinyPic, it's free, upload your pics, click on the option which is last, which says "Direct Link for Layouts" and paste that into the little box which you've opened from above^^

The little green box says "Images and Links"  Paste and Voila!  A pic suddenly shows up. 

Nothing else worked for me.  Not flickr, Not Picasa, nothing.  TinyPic did the trick. 

Thank you SRL  He gets a smiley face.  Again.  Big grin  Which, as he pointed out, is a picture.  D'oh. 

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

LIKE THIS

Okay, testing

Yay!  It worked!  Thank you!!

xor

One cool thing about tinypic is that it will resize pictures for you.  If your pic is big, it'll get chopped when displayed here (or RWOL for that matter).  On the upload screen, there's a drop down that lets you pick the size.  Choose "web site" or "message board".  Or "thumbnail" if you want to be all literal about tiny pic.  :-D

Whoa!  Sorry about the duplicate question.  I just noticed it down below!  Oops  Blush  I know what a forum faux pas that is  

One cool thing about tinypic is that it will resize pictures for you.  If your pic is big, it'll get chopped when displayed here (or RWOL for that matter).  On the upload screen, there's a drop down that lets you pick the size.  Choose "web site" or "message board".  Or "thumbnail" if you want to be all literal about tiny pic.  :-D

This definitely is a cool feature of tinypic.. saves me a step. Especially since this forum doesn't seem to honor the resizing css that the editor is capable of.  I do hope Eric can (or decide to implement) image uploading here.  It was super convenient for race reports to just upload them while creating the post.

Wandering Wally

From Picasa web albums:

From October 9, 2011 - Sand Lakes Quiet Area

I used the "Edit HTML Source" and dropped in the embed code from Picasa.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Whoa!  Sorry about the duplicate question.  I just noticed it down below!  Oops  Blush  I know what a forum faux pas that is  

Out of all the forums I have ever been apart of, the runners seem to be most tolerant of duplicate posts. Many forums are pretty militant about it. Not here.

xor

This definitely is a cool feature of tinypic.. saves me a step. Especially since this forum doesn't seem to honor the resizing css that the editor is capable of.  I do hope Eric can (or decide to implement) image uploading here.  It was super convenient for race reports to just upload them while creating the post.

Both of those (resizing in the editor and image upload) are worthy feature requests.  Ask The Man himself, if you wish, by posting in the Suggestions area of the main board.  I suspect that he doesn't want to get in the image upload business, especially given the variety of already existing (and free) places to do that, but that's just my ass talking again... it's a fine thing to ask about.