Beginners and Beyond

First world problems (Read 285 times)

LRB

Dammit, I was forced to change my network password at work today and now I keep entering the old password every time I access a system.  I'll be doing that for another 3-4 days until I get used to it.  Angry

I came across a site that required the password to be a minimum of eight characters long, had to use at least one capitol letter, one number, and one special character, and would not allow consecutive letters or numbers.  Chew on that for a minute!

After the hour it took me to come up with something I would remember, I actually decided to change my sensitive accounts to something similar....not that it matters, 'cuz if they want it they will get it, but it's different.

StepbyStep-SH

DH was supposed to come home early (aka, only work an 8-hour day) so we could put up the Christmas tree together as a family. Apparently either he forgot or something came up at work requiring immediate attention. OK, maybe not really a FWP, just my rant for the evening. Because I will NOT complain about this anywhere else. I need to put on a good face for my 7-year-old.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I need to put on a good face for my 7-year-old.

Or teach them a life lesson, and put DH's dinner in the doggie dish.  Cool

StepbyStep-SH

Or teach them a life lesson, and put DH's dinner in the doggie dish.  Cool

No - my philosophy is that parents support each other in front of the kids. Kids need to know that mom & dad are a united front. They need to see us disagree, but never to say derogatory things about each other, and never to FIGHT. Disagree, yes, but not fight. And not to disagree on things involving the children - no second-guessing the other's decision to put someone in a timeout, allow an extra treat, take away a toy, etc. Sorry, soapbox. Forgive me?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Sorry, soapbox. Forgive me?

Yeah I was really just joking.  You know, weeknight, after 7:00 pm, my wine glass, that whole thing.  lol

No - my philosophy is that parents support each other in front of the kids. Kids need to know that mom & dad are a united front. They need to see us disagree, but never to say derogatory things about each other, and never to FIGHT. Disagree, yes, but not fight. And not to disagree on things involving the children - no second-guessing the other's decision to put someone in a timeout, allow an extra treat, take away a toy, etc. Sorry, soapbox. Forgive me?

My DW has a philosophy that I should agree with her at all times, whether in front of the kids or not. There is some flexibility in this policy, in that she is not required to agree with me.

Dave

Peacemaker

The tail light on my car went out today and I got a little scrape on the back of my hand while changing it.

LRB

My DW has a philosophy that I should agree with her at all times, whether in front of the kids or not. There is some flexibility in this policy, in that she is not required to agree with me.

My kids have seen some classic battles in their lifetimes, they are thus able to handle any situation they encounter for the rest of their days.  Why?  Because anything they see will likely pale in comparison to what they have seen at home!  lol