Beginners and Beyond

FRI-I-I-I-D-A-Y! Dailies (Read 54 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

MBC, awww, hope he is not killed.  Do you have a vet near the area?  They could take care of checking him for a chip and all.

Oh no, he won't - that's not an issue.  They'll find his home.  I just feel bad because now the owner will probably have to pay to get him out of the pound AND pay a fine because he didn't have his rabies tag on.  The ACO has a chip reader so they'll check him out.  The guy drove away with the dog in the front seat with him and was feeding him cookies.  He's in good hands Smile

oh and not to mention, the dog COULD have gotten run over by the garbage truck this am....

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

I have an easy 30minute run later today, my last run before the HM on Sunday. DW and I are picking up our packets tomorrow and staying the night down there.

See ya.

Docket_Rocket

Let him pay.  I hate bad pet owners.  They do get their pets killed unnecessarily.

Oh no, he won't - that's not an issue.  They'll find his home.  I just feel bad because now the owner will probably have to pay to get him out of the pound AND pay a fine because he didn't have his rabies tag on.  The ACO has a chip reader so they'll check him out.  The guy drove away with the dog in the front seat with him and was feeding him cookies.  He's in good hands Smile

oh and not to mention, the dog COULD have gotten run over by the garbage truck this am....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Let him pay.  I hate bad pet owners.  They do get their pets killed unnecessarily.

well yeah, then there's that Wink

outoftheblue

Good morning runners!

5 easy miles yesterday, with 2 more miles at recovery pace today.   We have been really busy with yard these past couple of days -- planting the garden, fixing the sprinklers, more weeding and mulching.    So far, everything is still alive.

Brrrr -- Good luck with your race tomorrow.

Life is good.

LRB

Kristin, B Plus and Oski, it took a bit of effort to run those.

MBC, I am sure the owner is as pissed as you are.  I have both found and lost dogs in the past and you usually don't even know the little bastard got out.

Scotty, it actually wasn't that bad since we are not dealing with ridiculous wind chills right now.  Hope everything works out for you!

Sarah, you know me too well!

Blue, I was trying to figure out who you were wishing good luck for their race to.  For a minute, I thought you forgot to put a name lol!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Screw it, wake me up in an hour.

WAKE UP!

I won't mention my super-awesome weather forecasted for my race. Damaris would kill for it.

Docket_Rocket

Bite me!

All I am going to say is that SF better be freezing when I get there in June.

WAKE UP!

I won't mention my super-awesome weather forecasted for my race. Damaris would kill for it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

WAKE UP!

Thanks! But I actually snuck in a few more minutes. I'm taking a 3 day weekend just because I feel like it. 4 easy miles later this morning.

Hip Redux

Bite me!

My first trip to San Francisco, I had to buy a sweatshirt because I was so unprepared for the cold.

We got married in the bay area and so I told everyone that was coming to bring warm clothes because I knew they would think it would be "California warm".   And of course, we got a heat wave and it was hot that weekend.

true story.

Ric-G

all this talk about san francisco reminds me that mark twain said something about it and the summmer...can't remember what though...

anyway just a quick 4 this morning before work. have a good weekend all and good luck to those racing!

marathon pr - 3:16

YAYpril - B-Plus

Bite me!

Smile Fingers crossed!

Hip Redux

all this talk about san francisco reminds me that mark twain said something about it and the summmer...can't remember what though...

anyway just a quick 4 this morning before work. have a good weekend all and good luck to those racing!

The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco!

Though he really didn't say it, it is commonly attributed to Twain.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Thanks! But I actually snuck in a few more minutes. I'm taking a 3 day weekend just because I feel like it. 4 easy miles later this morning.

Nice! I have a 3-day weekend too but on the other end. My office is on the second floor of the building and my aversion to elevators is a good reason to take off the day after a long race. Stairs aren't my friend that day.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

April: I was shopping last night and got a 12 pack of the orange Blue Moons. Tasty stuff and it definitely helped with my carb loading!  No, not all twelve...