Beginners and Beyond

Final Tune-up race for NYCM - 10K (RR) (PR) (Read 52 times)

TakeAHike

Thanks SIAR - I run with a HRM, but I don't look at it during the race. My heart rate went into the danger zone as I was going up the hill, but it came down as I descended.  I'm glad I didn't try to run it any harder.

B-Plus - Thanks.  You are right about those middle miles. You are fresh at the start and have run on adrenaline at the end, but it is hard to stay focused in the middle.  I guess more race experience will help.

Thanks Daramis!

Brrrr - Well, I'm faster than I used to be, so I'm happy about that.

Oski -  I really do like Pfitz.  At his stage of my development I would probably improve with any structured plan, but I have enjoyed the variety in the Pfitz training plan.

Jack - Good luck in your 10K this weekend.  I hope it goes well for you. I have looked at your training log a few times and it looks eerily similar to mine.

happilily - Thanks a lot. I am pleased about the AG award, even if they had 5 year increments.

Thanks workinprogress!

Meaghan - Thank you very much.  I was thinking about you last night when I had to force myself to slow down in the middle of my long run.  These weren't MP miles, but my body wanted to go faster than I should.  I feel like the taper is starting to work.  I hope you have a great marathon.

Thanks Mitch!

LRB - Yeah, the trends are looking good.  Now, I just need to go out and run the damn thing.

redrum -  I am usually interested in the elites, but I will be more focused on my own race this year.  I'll read about the elites the next day.  I'll be curious to see if Ryan Hall is able to run and if he does well.

Thanks Rabbitchaser

Baboon - I'll try to progress my PRs a bit, but I think you will probably catch me next year.  My wife and kids have been very supportive of my training, but they are looking forward to having me run less next year.  You are on an amazing roll right now.  It will be hard to hold you off.  Just be careful during ski season my friend.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

SheCan

For some reason, I guess I'd thought you'd done lots of marathons.  Probably based on the fast times of your races.  Anyway, you should be proud of yourself.  Congratulations!  That really is a fantastic time.  Good luck with the NYC Marathon.  I know you'll do great.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

happylily

oppps wrong thread. Sorry! :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Great job, congrats on the PR.

Good luck at the NYCM, your training seems to have gone very well.

Rubybaby43

enabler

Nice splits!!  I can only dream of running that fast.  Congrats on the AG award...even if you didn't stick around to collect. Wink

KLO

more miles = more beer

Zelanie

Congratulations on beating your 25-year-old self!