Beginners and Beyond

Finally Friday Penguins!! (Read 29 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Just finished 3.5 miles on the Fort Stewart bike paths.  Fun run!

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That's what I run in, Jimmy, the Nimbus.  Love them.  Have used that model for the last several years.  Sorry your daughter's size was out of stock.  Have fun with the trail run!  I like trail running - long as the trails are not too 'technical', lol; my back can't handle those really CRAZY type trails like those ultrarunners and expert trail runner folks do.

Yeah, Jack, but WILL it cool down where you are?  Watching the stories about the fires in CA yesterday (San Diego area and other areas)...scary!

Yeah, Zelanie, I'm hoping it is something like that too.  And we are getting our weather back slowly but surely.  No rain coming any more for a while and by next week we should be heading toward the 90s again.  Happy miles, Zelaine!

Hope you figure out what it all means, PAD, and the result is that you have excellent results.

Congrats on your PT graduation, obiebyke!  PT means "Perfect Ten!" right? 

Dang, HsM..I wanna be related to you so I can get tickets from you for stuff too....

Good luck with your race tomorrow, Damaris!  Take those miles and Rock 'Em  Sock 'Em!

DH is talking about going south to visit the kids this weekend.  I never get any real exercise when we do that.  Well, Ginny, you could run behind the car for a while...     Good luck with your long run if you get out there for it.

Welcome back, Vance!  Hope you are doing well, all things considered.

Snowing and raining? Still?!!!  Jerry, it's time for you to move. 

Nice run, Robert.  Glad no bikes ran over you!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Vance- Welcome back!

Ginny- I went ahead and bought a pair of Saucony Ride 6es. The fit finder on Running Warehouse says they should fit like Kinvaras but with an 8 mm drop and a bit heavier. Also, they are under $60 on clearance.

GinnyinPA

Vance - welcome back!  I know life got busy for you for a while, I'm glad you're finding room to run again.

Robert - I like bike paths - anything that gets me away from traffic.

Jerry - the joys of living in Chicago.  Could be worse, I think Colorado and Wyoming had feet of snow this week.  I'm glad you got a run in anyway.

My long run went pretty well.  I had an unexpected detour when the road I was following was covered with fast moving water. I saw a lot of flooding on two other creek crossings, but not over the road, just beside it.  One huge area was about 6 inches deep in flood water.  I didn't really want to run in wet shoes, or risk getting swept away, so I detoured up to the highway instead.  Couldn't just turn around as it was 10 miles back the way I came.  When I was passing the ice cream store, I called DH to meet me for a quick strawberry cone, then I ran the last two miles home.  Thanks to the detour, I ended up running 14.5 today.  I'm tired, and my hamstring isn't happy, but all in all it was a good run. Having a 66 degree day, with intermittent clouds and sunshine, really helped.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: Nice score on the ice cream! Is that your longest run in a while?  Your hammy will be fine.

As for me, all kinds of smoke from the San Diego fires has made its way north and we have very bad air quality to go along with the heat. We'll see about my run later.

hog4life

Jack, wow, you guys are always getting hammered with the fires.

Jimmy, hope the trail run goes well, I've been thinking about trying one of those myself.

Ginny, my run today sounds very similar to yours, except for the ice cream. I'm jealous.

Zel, not PF! Oh no.....

I did 12.4 miles in low 50 temp, breezy, partly sunny/cloudy. Bella was with me for the first 5, it's a big difference for her at 50 degrees, compared to 70's. Tomorrow I'm helping the running club do timing for a race that has 10k, 5k, 2 mile. I'll try to do a few recovery miles later in the evening.

Sloooow.

Hello all.

Scotty, nice three days in a row, you deserve a rest!  Shame about the rescheduled race, hope all is well with the little girl.

Jimmy, new shoes are always great Big grin She shouldn't have to wait for long, nice bonus with the shirt too! How is your newest little one doing?

Jack, 9 days, exciting! I lose track, will this be your first marathon?

Zelanie, sorry to hear about your foot issues Sad

PADRunner, hey! I have no clue about all the VO2 stuff, it's so confusing to me.

Okie, congrats on graduating from PT! Enjoy your rest day.

HopesMom, expensive morning for you! Enjoy the yoga and walk.

Docket, court on a vacation day, bleck! I missed where you are heading out to, you've had such an amazing return to running since your surgery! Those pesky insides.

Ginny, hope you had a good run, whatever you decided. Have a wonderful weekend if you decide to go south.

Hey N-Bug!

Jerry, snowing?! How?! I forget some places still get cold.

Robert, nice 3.5 Smile

Mitch, sounds like a great run. I love seeing pictures of Bella on FB, she seems like a wonderful running partner.

I am sorry for disappearing, I'm just chugging a long really. I haven't been running, thanks to a lot of different reasons. It's OK though, there is time. I did a silly Color Run on Mothers Day, ran through the colour stations. Felt like my hips were breaking apart which was not so fun, lol. Very glad to see everyone still here. I'm planning on registering for a 10K that's the beginning of November. I think I will have enough time.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Coralie.  Glad you are chugging along (like the rest of us)     !!!!!!!

Dad on the run.

Ginny - She is going to start back running as soon as she gets her shoes in. She is excited and a little nervous at the same time. It's been a while since she felt the asphalt under her feet like that Wink

Scotty - hahaha shoes was for my wife Tongue Finding a women's 12 1/2 is rather difficult.

Coralie - The little one is doing great! He's up to 8lb 14oz and he sleeps about 5 hours at night so that's a nice bonus Smile

Hog - You should go do it now! I'm back from 5 miles of trails and 1 mile of road and WOW I had a blast! and I'm sore... very very sore.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

5.35 miles in Orlando which is cool non humid. I will call it Anti Miami from now on.

Ginny, I was off today but I had to appear in court and it's my job and my responsibility. So I attended by phone. I did the same while in LA last year. It does not happen often but sometimes getting someone to know the case well enough to cover is hard.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Coralie!!!!!  Hi!

Scotty, thanks. It's Sunday so don't get too excited yet.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Welcome back N-Bug and Coralie!

Coralie: No, it will be my third. Smile