Beginners and Beyond

Light It Up, Penguins, It's Friday! (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope the test is negative, Brill.

Gail doing better, Scott?

2 miler for us to keep the streak.  We both went to our health clubs before the run.  And now we'll go out to lunch and catch a movie. Possibly The Theory of Everything.   Now we will have nothing to do the rest of the weekend.

Have a great weekend and happy National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

All is good here, just a LOT of rain. At one point last night we got almost an inch of rain in 45 minutes. Very little mud has come down (so far), just a lot of sticks, branches, sandbags, etc.  Hopefully the worst has passed but there is more coming on Monday.

Brilliant: I hope things turn out ok for you. Smile

As for me, SRD after a good tempo run last night.  Tonight is our staff dinner party so I will be sure to tip a few cold ones. I might bring a 40 and carry it in a brown paper sack. Classy. I wish I had an ugly Christmas sweater...

Sending all good vibes your way, Brilliant!!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What will you be baking, StoneFence?  OMG is it cookies?  Can I have  a cookie?  Can I have THREE cookies?  I love cookies!

Congrats on the 4, PAD!  Hope you did not get rained on.

Way to keep the streak alive, Kathleen!

28 degrees!  Dang, Robert!  Glad you did not turn into a Christmas popsicle!

Enjoy your time home, HsM!  Obscene Santa, lol.  Which reminds me what a friend posted on facebook:  "Think about this..you can't say the word 'happiness' without saying the word 'penis' too....coincidence?  I don't think so...."    lol.

Enjoy your minimal day, Ginny.   And watch out with those "lit" reindeer...dang drunk deer will knock everything over! 

Happy SRD, obiebyke!

Brilliant, I think PAD is going to get our rain, unfortunatey for him, all ours is moving out fast and going up North toward him.  It's only been 'spitting' at us now since yesterday afternoon.  Good luck with your appointment and I am sending out karmic, cosmic vibes - yes, I grew up in the 60s and 70s - for good results for you!  And I still say you don't look all that much older than that other person in your avatar....son....yeah...right.... 

Yay, Mitch, for having a great run!  Running sure is crazy, isn't it?  One day it can suck big-time for you and the next run you have you end up wishing they could all be like that!

As for the cat, Damaris and Mitch:    He just showed up at our house one day about a month or so ago, looking for food.  He was in bad shape too...top of his head was losing hair, inside his ears were all bloody, his eyes were watering, and he was skinny.  Poor ole kitty.  We are guessing the people who lived in a house behind us and adjacent to our neighborhood abandoned him - or he got out and they could not find him before they left - since that house is no empty.  So we started making friends with him. He has really blue blue eyes, so we named him Sinatra.  Eventually he would let us pick him up and then he would come into the house for a while, and then finally would come inside and sleep all night, which I think he liked, having a safe environment to sleep in and something soft to sleep on.   Once we got him to where he could come in we treated his wounds as best we could with some meds we got from or vet.   Once he was really comfortable with us, we took him to the vet.  He had a really bad ear infection and fungus on his head, and so forth.  So the vet took care of all that and gave him all his needed shots. The vet bill was UP there, but not as much as we thought it would be, thankfully, and poor ole cat had to be taken care ofAnd now he is SO much better, ears all cleaned up, hair grew back on top of his head, healthy appetite, etc.  He is still an outside cat, he has his 'routine":  He come in at night to eat, and then goes and either sits on my lap or Gail's lap for a while, purring like crazy, and then goes to HIS corner of the bed - right by Gail's legs and feet - and sleeps there through the night.  When the alarm goes off in the morning, he is up and waiting by the back door to go out.   And then he is back by dinner time.  And so it goes each day, he is like clockwork, lol.  He is one of the nicest, most mellow cats we've ever had.  Don't know why someone would abandon him, if they did, he is so sweet.  Our other male cat, Peanut, is not too thrilled with him yet, gives Sinatra  a few choice words, lol, when Peanut walks by him, but at least they are not fighting each other.  Our lady cats seem like they could not care less, lol, they just tend to ignore Sinatra.   Well,we "rescued" him and I guess he adopted us, so he is family now for us.

Oh yeah, as for me today:  Rest day.  Then Saturday morning I have a 5K at 8 a.m.....then Saturday evening I have a 5K at 4:30 PM...then Sunday morning I have a 5K at 9 a.m.....then Sunday evening I have a 5K at 5 PM.....I might need Monday off, lol!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope the test is negative, Brill.

Gail doing better, Scott?

2 miler for us to keep the streak.  We both went to our health clubs before the run.  And now we'll go out to lunch and catch a movie. Possibly The Theory of Everything.   Now we will have nothing to do the rest of the weekend.

Have a great weekend and happy National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day.

Yes, she is, thanks for asking.  I tried to get her to stay home today from work, but she said she needed to do some reports and was feeling mucho better after getting some meds from the doc yesterday and so she went in anyway.   I WAS gonna say something....but I've been married almost 30 years now so have learned a thing or two and just kept my mouth shut.      Enjoy the movie, Jerry!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi Pens.

All is good here, just a LOT of rain. At one point last night we got almost an inch of rain in 45 minutes. Very little mud has come down (so far), just a lot of sticks, branches, sandbags, etc.  Hopefully the worst has passed but there is more coming on Monday.

Brilliant: I hope things turn out ok for you. Smile

As for me, SRD after a good tempo run last night.  Tonight is our staff dinner party so I will be sure to tip a few cold ones. I might bring a 40 and carry it in a brown paper sack. Classy. I wish I had an ugly Christmas sweater...

Was watching the local news last night, Jack.  I guess things in CA were so bad, that even our local weather channels in San Antonio had reports on it.  You and yours stay safe out there!

Docket_Rocket

Nice story, Scotty.  Rubio is like that, he will not even go out ever again.  He knows what is good for him, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Scotty - it sounds like both Sinatra and you got lucky.  Very nice rescue story.  Sounds like a fun, but exhausting, weekend.

Brilliant - definitely sending prayers and good vibes your way.

Jerry - enjoy the movie.

Jack - have fun at the party.

Mitch - I'm glad your run was such a good one.

I ended up with 4 on the TM.  After spending the afternoon at the eye doctor's waiting for Jim, I needed a run.

on my way to badass

3.25 on the treadmill for me. Good vibes coming your way Brilliant! Yes I am still on the streak. Yes I was baking Christmas cookies. Gingersnaps, sugar cutouts, buckeyes (peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate) and Santa snacks.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

hog4life

3.5 with Bella

Zelanie

Sending healthy vibes out to Brilliant!

Morning!  4 and weights this afternoon before I head to the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert.

Scotty, Awww.  When did you guys get the Siamese?

TSO puts on a great show. Hope you enjoyed it.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K