Beginners and Beyond

Friends and Family TuesDAILIES (Read 217 times)

Merry Christmas dailies:

You guys are my support group.  Thank you for all you do.

Weezer - It's one of the best days of the year to run!  Virtually no traffic and no real life concerns.

SIAR - 3 days, nice

Hilary - snow here as well, enjoy the white Christmas

Baboon - waffles = awesome

jneilt - hope the bad weather stops for you to run

Sparker - sounds like a great year, congrats

7.3 easy miles this morning out in the snow, 7:45 pace.  Maybe more later on after family stuff.  Have a great holiday.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Merry Christmas dailies:

You guys are my support group.  Thank you for all you do.

Weezer - It's one of the best days of the year to run!  Virtually no traffic and no real life concerns.

SIAR - 3 days, nice

Hilary - snow here as well, enjoy the white Christmas

Baboon - waffles = awesome

jneilt - hope the bad weather stops for you to run

Sparker - sounds like a great year, congrats

7.3 easy miles this morning out in the snow, 7:45 pace.  Maybe more later on after family stuff.  Have a great holiday.

I agree, these good folks are a great support group and for you all, I am very thankful too. Like you, I saw nobody on the roads and ran straight down the middle ha.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

4 ice/snow covered miles

9:14 average pace

Me a happy boy!  Big grin

CrisRuns

4 ice/snow covered miles

Great job! Even with the spikes, I am terrified on slipping on the ice.

@runjerseygirl

4 ice/snow covered miles

How does you ass feel?  don't forget to stretch. Wink

While I'd love to break in my new Garmin, it's going to be a rest day for me. Too much to do. But tomorrow, it's on like Donkey Kong!

Do you even run?

LRB

Great job! Even with the spikes, I am terrified on slipping on the ice.

+1

I have found at least with walking not to try too hard trying not to fall, so I ran the same way.  It was an otherwise pretty uneventful run, couldn't imagine running a sub-8:00 in that crap though.

Kay, I flippin forgot!  Thanks for the reminder.  No really!  I am going to do that right quick now.

hog4life

hog4life

How does you ass feel?  don't forget to stretch. Wink

While I'd love to break in my new Garmin, it's going to be a rest day for me. Too much to do. But tomorrow, it's on like Donkey Kong!

Kay, you will love it! Mine is exactly one year old, got it last Xmas.

LRB

Ah, that's betta!  Boy it puts getting older in perspective.  As a youngin', you never had to worry with anything.  Now, you need a financial adviser, a physical therapist, a dietician, and five types of insurance life, health, auto, home, and for me motorcycle insurance.

I work to pay other people!  Wink

runmomto3boys

Merry Christmas, guys! 

I ran 6 miles of my planned 13-14 feeling amazing, without any issue/pain, when - out of nowhere - I got the same searing pain in my knee that I've been having in the fibular head area. I had to stop running immediately and call for the rescue van to come save me. I was stuck on a trail, so I had to walk quite a ways to meet them. Even just walking, my knee would go from insane "OMG, OUCH!" type pain, to no pain at all, back to "OMG, OUCH!" type pain.

I'm disappointed, but I just want to figure out what's going on with the knee and how best to treat it. I am going to call my PT tomorrow and get in ASAP. I HATE the fact that I didn't meet my goals for the first week of training last week and now the same is going to be true for this week. Because of that and depending on what the PT says, I am thinking that I might just scrap Carmel (4/20) and run Green Bay (5/19) b/c that means I have time to get healthy (hopefully) by 1/14, when I would start training. Anyway, such is life. FX it still isn't a big deal, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Jess runs for bacon

Ouch RMTB! I hope you find out what is wrong Sad

i had to cut my 15 miles run down to 4 today since apparently my knee is still messed up. Definitely need to make an appointment with the massage therapist this week.

on the plus side, I am posting this from my new iPad mini and drinking coffee from my new Keurig Smile I also got a gift certificate to the LRS. I am spoiled rotten Big grin

LRB

Damn X!  Sorry to hear that.

The best thing to do (along with being seen obviously) is to mentally start pulling back on your training expectations.  If you can do that, it will help.  Otherwise, every day that you are not out there doing what you thought you would be will drive you flippin' nuts.

Good luck babe!

LRB

Lilac you too?  It's an epidemic I tell ya!  Get well!

Ball of Fury

RMTB:  So sorry to hear that!!  Hope it improves soon.

Just a quick stop in to say Merry Christmas!  Got in 6.3 miles with 5 @ 9:08 (GMP) and felt really good.  Now to stuff my face Big grin

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Purple Toes

Probably a rest day for me unless I sneak in a TM run later tonight. I hope you all are enjoying day.

Merry Christmas everyone!