Beginners and Beyond

Cake vs. Pie Tuesday Penguins (Read 30 times)

Docket_Rocket

I key lime pie with a hint of avocado I could eat, but an avocado pie????

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Amazonian Princess

Avocado smoothies are WAY popular at noodle joints around here, but I prefer mine smashed up with salsa and lime juice

Attempting a double-type workout today; I have a 50 minute session with the trainer then hitting the treadmill to chase the GD pace bunny! Seriously, why doesn't that freakin' rodent take a rest day?!!

I have a new trainer who pushes me much harder than the last one. Before DH and I would share one (bariatric) trainer in a private weight room but we've switched to a regular gym and each have our own trainers. Mine calls me "Princess" to try and intimidate me. It's just too cute! 

I can. I will. I am. 

Amazonian Princess

Oh, yeah, on Cake vs. Pie? Cake 364 days a year, but vegan pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving!

I can. I will. I am. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

This would be a perfect time for an Oregon FE.  

Health club machines for me today. Curves for DW. Running DNS.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Pie for you, Slymoon!  I bet you will have 3.14159265359 slices....

Pfft!

If there must be a choice, Pie all the way!  Pie Pie Pie.  Pie   Pie Pie ....  Pie Pie Pie.  Pie Pie

Pie

But if I don't have to chose then I love some cake too, but Pie before and after the cake.

Pie

Pie

Pie

Pie

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

on my way to badass

Tough decsion. I'd have to say cake. Going to check out local club track meet tonight. Not sure is I will run, or what my event might be. I am tres' slow.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

Apparently I have not lived, I have never had avocado in anything that could be confused as dessert.

Amazonian Princess

I have co-workers who eat avocado in a bowl with milk and sugar.

I have different co-workers who eat watermelon and oranges with salt.

None of these individuals knows a darn thing about wine, so LRB, I think you're living just fine

I can. I will. I am. 

LRB

I have co-workers who eat avocado in a bowl with milk and sugar.

I have different co-workers who eat watermelon and oranges with salt.

None of these individuals knows a darn thing about wine, so LRB, I think you're living just fine

Speaking of that, I'm wearing purple lips now.   :-)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Pie for you, Slymoon!  I bet you will have 3.14159265359 slices....

Pi Pie!

If I were to eat Pi Pie many times then I would be 2 Pi r. (r = big)

For you geometry geeks out there...

Apparently I have not lived, I have never had avocado in anything that could be confused as dessert.

And until this morning I would be...  awwww shit NM... I did have Avocado Icecream a few years ago and it was good.

PADRunner

Avocado Pie? Sounds interesting. Maybe a guacamole pie with a ground tortilla crust.

Why choose? Have both...

on my way to badass

Track meet was fun! I did the mile and was not DFL. Official time was 10:24. Garmin says 9:57 (I took the long way around so I wasn't in the speedsters way and I started in the back). The meet was free and casual. Lots of families. I need to find out how track etiquett works for these things.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

GinnyinPA

I probably like cake better (esp. if it's homemade) but I eat pie a lot more often because DH loves pie and ice cream, plus it doesn't seem quite as filling as cake.  I think the only time I get to eat cake is at a grandchild's birthday.  Generally, I like anything sweet though, so I'm happy with pie.

Another CG with wifi.  We're at Van Ripen St. Park in MI.  I did a 5 mile trail run before dinner.  They haven't cleared the trails yet (too many mosquitoes I was told, quite accurately) so I spent a lot of time crawling over and under blowdowns.  One mile was straight up to a good overlook, then down the other side, equally steeply, with lots of rocks in between - so I counted that as a walking mile rather than a running mile.

Zelanie

Stone Fence- Congrats on running the mile at the meet!  That's awesome!

Ginny- Good to hear from you, hope you have a great adventure.

Track workout went well- my splits were all super even and consistent, which hopefully bodes well for future weeks.