Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES have it all - shoes, boots, legs, and abs! (Read 255 times)

B-Plus

I read after 5 as well, because I'm part of the nightlies crew.

PT - Great job keeping the streak alive. Those massages can be painful but are so worth it afterwards.

Dawg - Have fun ate the race.

RMTB - Get well soon. I also forgot to say happy bday to your big baby boy earlier.

Tom - You flasher! Keep it respectable in here.

Ima - Love, love new shoe smell lol.

Docket_Rocket

Not just for boys...my 14-yo dd is obsessed with the 2nd movie - Tron Legacy. On second thought, though, she also really digs Star Wars. (wants to be a filmmaker)

It was a great movie.  I loved it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Which ones are those.  The new Cadence?  I bought them in Pink (although I think mine are the prior issue). 

Ugh Heidi- I hope it passes quickly Sad.

I had a crazy busy day but got 11 miles in. The meds I got from the dr yesterday seem to be helping Smile.

Oh, and lookie what was waiting for me when I got home from my run:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Misty

Yep, these are the new version. I have the old version in pink, yellow/pink, and blue/green. I'm a fan :P

Misty

Bless your heart.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom - You flasher! Keep it respectable in here.

Ha - Not only am I a flasher, but I'm a streaker as well! 12 days in a row so far. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Yep, these are the new version. I have the old version in pink, yellow/pink, and blue/green. I'm a fan :P

I used to have those blue/green but now I only use them for walking.  For some reason I love the Connect but not the Cadence.  I cannot wait to see what colors the Connect will come in.  I have House gift cards!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ha - Not only am I a flasher, but I'm a streaker as well! 12 days in a row so far. Smile

Say what? Black eye

Damaris

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Easy, D - not that kind of streaker! Or flasher!

I wore a red flashing light tonight on my after-dark run. Thus the flasher.

And, I've run 12 days in a row, thus the streaker.

Oh, and I signed up for the New Years Eve 4 mile Karen Lawrence run tonight as well. It should be a fun event. I ran it last year, 4.6 miles. This year, it's advertized as 4.2 miles and follows a slightly different course. I think that after the noise everyone made last year, they probably measured more carefully this time around.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hi dailies:

Schnauzer - nice shoes, they look fast.  Good run as well.

Heidi - happy b-day to your big guy, get over that death flu!  At least it had the courtesy to hit during your rest week.

Kristin - congrats on 1000

Scotty - Spuds!

Pink - hmm layoffs.  Having been with 3 companies as they were going under... get out now if you can.  Wishing you luck with whatever happens.

Kay - nice job on the cold and rainy run

Jedi - just saw your avatar tag, good luck.

Amy - nice run in tough conditions

Misty - Brooks Barneys, nice Wink

13.7 with 10x(200m strides), 6:59 pace.  Brand new socks and they already have a hole at the toe. Sad  I'd take them back but it was a 4pk of Ecko from the discount store for $5, not worth the hassle.  Back to the unstoppable black Pumas if I can find them again.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I am so glad I missed my run this morning when I didn't set my alarm clock last night. I ended up running my mile with my kids to continue my streak. My 5 (almost 6!) year old son and 11 year old daughter were able to come with me tonight. Two laps around my block = just under a mile...like .95. The little guy ran with us for one lap before his dad picked him up. I got him loaded in the car and then my stepdaughter ran the other lap and some change with me. Running with my kids is so much fun. We were jumping around doing jazz hands in mid-stride and giggling and stuff. I have to make it a point to do that more often. They want to run a 5k as a family sometime this spring, so I need to work them up to that anyway. I love my kids.
                      B-Plus

AM - 3.3 @ 9:28

PM - 7.3 @ 8:26

It was windier than a mofo for my afternoon run, with a feels like of 28 and 24 mph wind. Are you kidding me? It felt like a nice little shelter in my jacket though.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Heidi: get well soon!

Misty: nice new kicks.  I want to try them when I get new shoes, just not in your colors...

Flippy: nice run with the kids.

Running for TJ because he can't.

workinprogress11

Good luck to all the racers this weekend!

RMTB-I'm so sorry you are sick.  Make sure you stay hydrated with all that you are "losing".

Ima-I'm so jealous of your shoes.  Purple is my favorite color.  They are so pretty!

Shirfan-Your speed is just amazing.  I can't imagine what it must feel like to fly like that. 

I still feel like crap, but managed 4 easy miles.  It was kinda slow, but I got it done.

Misty

Doh!! I ended up doing a second run today but totally forgot I had new shoes I could have tried out! I must be exhausted to have forgotten about my new Brooks Barney's lol.

Misty

Bless your heart.

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

I am so glad I missed my run this morning when I didn't set my alarm clock last night. I ended up running my mile with my kids to continue my streak. My 5 (almost 6!) year old son and 11 year old daughter were able to come with me tonight. Two laps around my block = just under a mile...like .95. The little guy ran with us for one lap before his dad picked him up. I got him loaded in the car and then my stepdaughter ran the other lap and some change with me. Running with my kids is so much fun. We were jumping around doing jazz hands in mid-stride and giggling and stuff. I have to make it a point to do that more often. They want to run a 5k as a family sometime this spring, so I need to work them up to that anyway. I love my kids.

That sounds awesome! I got my daughter to agree to train for a 5k with me this coming summer. It'll help get her in shape for swim season in the fall. I'm kinda crazy excited to run with her.

Angela