Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES Are Bringing the Noise (Read 56 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everybody.  I got in 8.45 miles this morning, including 10x10sec hill sprints.  We had a pretty good dusting of snow, but I got lucky in that they had already cleared my hill.  I think the temp was actually 12 when I started today, so a real heat wave!

I'll probably be late getting back for personals, but will catch up with everyone this evening.  Enjoy the rest of the day!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

runmomto3boys

D2: Wow!  That is great that you nipped that issue in the bud!  I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Scrape: Good to hear that you are going to get out a little today!  I hope the run goes well!

SIAR: More incredible miles for you!  You are pouring them on.  How is the body holding up w/all the miles?  OK so far.

Did my core/hips/legs strengthening DVD.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good "almost afternoon", dailies!

Finished up night shifts last night, celebrated with a beer this morning, then went to bed for a few. 2 hours later, I had to get up and "un-beer".

Anyway, I'm looking at a nice run this afternoon, distance unknown. It's a little cooler than yesterday, but clear and sunny.

Tonight, the proverbial snot's going to hit the fan - freezing rain, sleet, maybe snow. Crappy weather tomorrow so I need to get what I can today.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Mmmmm...beer

D2: Wow!  That is great that you nipped that issue in the bud!  I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Me too Smile Thanks again for the great info, it definitely helped!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My plan is a 6 mile tempo tonight, forecast says it's going to be 26 degrees around 5 p.m with a windchill of 18 and North Eastern winds of 8 mph. Oh boy, my warmer clothes are going to be delivered at some point today but knowing my luck it won't be before my run  so I will probably wear my hoodie along with the usual and hope that it's better than Monday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hello runners. Sounds like many of you are having this cold snap as well brrrr. My knee still hurts and I have come down with a cold....so I finally made tge sucky decision to DNSmy 10K on Saturday. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly disappointed. But I plan to start the Hal Higdon Novice 1 HM plan in the middle of March to train for a 10 mile racein June....and to do that I need to do some base building in Feb to get myself back up to the weekly mileage that plan starts at. So trying to think big picture, and getting myself over this injury is better than risking a much longer layoff and running this 10K.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Pinktastic

Happy Thursday, Runners!!

I'm late posting today, but I have read up on all of your activities. Y'all have been busy, busy this morning!!

Basya – I'm glad that your run this morning went so much better!! You said that you're going to do cardio tonight at the gym, but doesn't running count as cardio? I always run better when I have coffee before the run, and I love DD coffee!!

Flarunner – 47*? That sounds like delightful weather for running!! Great job today!

Dave – Your consistency impresses me! Salted caramel coffee sounds wonderful!

Heidi – When you're as fast as you are, trying to slow down must be like a NASCAR driver trying to keep his speed within the limits when not on the track. ;-) Have a nice run tonight!!

Damaris – Sorry about your migraine. I had one yesterday. I hope you are able to get rid of it quickly!

Beth – I do not know how you can swim and run on the same day – you're amazing!! Swimming always wipes me out so I don't know that I could do both. Maybe if I ran before I got in the pool, but definitely not if I swam first – unless I took a nap..... Have a wonderful time at coached swim tonight!

Lily – Have a great run tonight! I agree with BruceD's advice – think about beaches and warm, pretty places on your run.

Phil – It really bites that your knee was acting up yesterday. Hopefully, you'll have a much better experience today! Your positive attitude is going to help you so much as you recover your previous amazing paces!

Shari – I really hope that the foot soreness is just a niggle that goes away on it's own and not anything huge. Good luck on your run!

Jedi – Nice run this morning!

Gustav – Not that I really have any experience, but I think running every other day should be okay. I would say that you should probably try to keep it easy as you transition to that, but I would think that it's doable. If you decide to “hop on the belt” tonight, have a great run!!

April – Enjoy your 3 and 3 today! And, be sure to let us know how the cookie dough butter turns out!

Kay – Love the coffee sign! Have a great workout at lunch!

Scotty – Holy crap! 79 is HOT! I don't like to run in the heat. But, that is “eat on the patio” weather which sounds fabulous right now.

LRB – Way to bang out that run! Nice job!!

Jeep – Great job on your run last night!

BruceD – Look who rocked the personals today! Fantastic run in less than optimal conditions last night! Good luck with your s-l-o-w run tonight!

Scrape. - I have an issue with motivation to get up for a run when it's cold outside too. Hope you have a great day!

SIAR – That seems like a tough workout to me, but it looks like you handled it like a pro without any issues. Great job!!

Tom – Welcome back to the day shift! Enjoy whatever you decide to run later!

FreeSoul – Hope your warmer clothes arrive before your run tonight, but either way, I hope your run goes fabulously!!

Kristin10185 – I'm sorry that your knee is still bothering you! I was really hoping that it would be getting better. I think you've got a good plan to focus on when you return to training. I hope you're back to full health in no time!!

I managed to force myself to get up and run this morning.   Knocked out 10.26 miles with an average pace of 10:34.   The sunrise this morning was PINKSATIONAL!!   Once I get up and get out there, I enjoy running in the morning, but I have so much trouble just getting started in the mornings.....

I hope that y'all have a Pinklightful afternoon!!   And, may your next run be your best run EVER!!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Sup, Dailies?

Yesterday was scheduled SRD but I was contemplating running because I'll have some vacation next week. Long story short, I took the SRD.. I  needed it.

Tonight is 7 or 9 miles, depends how I feel.

Just B.S., I'm glad that your swim went well.

jedigunnie26.2, great 9.25.

Gustav, tonight's workout sounds good. At what pace do you run?

AprilRunner, have fun doubling.

Kay, what do you do with the kettlebell?

Damaris, I hope the migraine leaves you alone ASAP.

scottydawg, you have cool run desciptions. I always enjoy reading them.

Rick, that was a sweet six-miler.

BruceD55, You're the good kind of crazy. Enjoy the easy five or six tonight.

scrape., do you have any idea how much you'll run?

Shari, awesome hill sprints. How long is full run up the hill?

Heidi, great job squeezing a workout into your day. How do you manage your time so well?

Tom, enjoy whatever distance you tackle.

FreeSoul87, I hope you can do your tempo run in your new, warmer clothes.

kristin10185 a speedy and complete recovery to you soon.

c0derunner, I hope that you feel and run well tonight.

Sarah, running does count as cardio, but I'll do my usual forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer. Because I DNFed my tempo run last night, I did it this morning and will also do weights and non-running cardio, as I usually do Thursdays. (It is Thursday, isn't it?)

SRD for me, I have worked out the last three days with some elliptical and stationary bike thrown in for good measure. I WILL RUN Saturday, i am looking forward to trying out the Forerunner 10 I purchased last week.

Hapy Thursday Everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

YAYpril - B-Plus

Run 1 of 2 done on the treadmill. 3 miles at 10:06. It's breezy outside - should make for a fun outdoor evening run. Joy. I'll try to start in a headwind, but my routes right outside my door are limited. I might have to get creative.

Kristin, smart choice DNSing the race. I'm sorry. I agree though that it's for the best in the long-term.

Sarah, great morning run!! I've made it my February resolution to run before work at least once a week.

LRB

....so I finally made tge sucky decision to DNSmy 10K on Saturday.

That is a smart move.  Glad you realized it.

No run today; early AM yoga before work. It is expected to "warm up" tomorrow into the upper teens, so hopefully will be able to get off the hamster wheel & get back running in the great outdoors. Although will also be continued windy, and now forecasting snow. I guess it's winter, at least in some parts of the world.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Sorry about the DNS, kristin.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

5 sunny, but windy miles done, 8:59 overall pace. A little slower into the wind, a little faster with the wind at my back.

I'm glad I got that done before the bad weather gets here late tonight. I just hope it doesn't disrupt my drive home from the pool hall later on.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54