Beginners and Beyond

Very Disappointed in the Color Run... (Read 125 times)

Daves_Not_Here

My granddaughter, ever since she saw the video, has been wanting to do a color run with me. We had it planned for Sacramento a couple of months ago, but that got cancelled due to a family reunion back in Ohio where her Mom had to take her. OK...I'll just register us for San Francisco at the end of this month.

Wrong...

Now I see this...

"

**NEW SPRING DATE** 

The No. 1 ranked US National Soccer Team is coming to Candlestick Park! Unfortunately, it is the same weekend we had secured for The Color Run San Francisco. Candlestick Park has pulled our permit for the weekend of October 25th-27th for the U.S. Women’s National Soccer game against New Zealand. http://j.mp/USWNationalTeam"

Really? Seriously????

I don't have the heart to tell her that "our" run has been postponed once again. Looks as if the next event we go to will be Disney, but had I known this, I would've entered her and I in the "fun run" prior to the 10K I'm running for her....Damn. Sad

Sorry for the rant. I just love my baby girl and we like to do stuff like this together.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sad sorry to hear

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Goorun

Slow and steady never wins anything.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

San Diego is about an 8 hour drive from Sacremento, no?

http://thecolorrun.com/sandiego/

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Daves_Not_Here

San Diego is about an 8 hour drive from Sacremento, no?

It's a long drive and not practical for a 5k run. We were looking forward to this and now it's postponed until March of next year.

happylily

It's really too bad... Isn't there a Halloween theme run you could do with her soon? You as the big bad wolf and her as Little Red Riding Hood, maybe? Smile Or you as the grandma would be funny too. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Amazonian Princess

Hi, Dave, "Run or Dye" will be in Santa Cruz this month and SF in December. Same type of run and still in NorCal Smile

I can. I will. I am. 

Antipodean

I feel guilty. Blush I hope my team gets beaten is all I can say. Sad

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

RSX

That sucks. I know that you have been looking forward to it for a long time. Sorry that happened.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh yeah....baconista good call....there's a bunch of runs that have different names but the same concept.... check out Run or Dye, Color Me Rad, Color Vibe, Graffiti Run, Color FunFest, Color Mania, Color Bash.....trying to think of all the ones I've heard of that are always popping up in my email from active.com or LivingSocial.....there's practically one a month going on in my general area with all those companies doing the same thing! Bet you can find a sooner one close by!!!

StepbyStep-SH

ColorDash is another one to possible search - they are coming to our community this month (Midwest, though).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Daves_Not_Here

Hi, Dave, "Run or Dye" will be in Santa Cruz this month and SF in December. Same type of run and still in NorCal Smile

Thanks. I'll check it out. Both destinations are within 2 to 3 hours, so that's "doable". Muchas gracias. Smile