Beginners and Beyond

Midweek DAILIES (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

Sheesh, Scotty.  You never just have a normal day, eh?  Feel better!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Scotty - hope you can shake it right off

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, Dave, I'm sure you will do just fine in the heat.  Our heat this week is not bad at all...we are only in the low 80s for highs this week in San Antonio.  I bet Damaris would love these temps!

Ugg, dentist.  I just got my appointment done last week, Baboon, and have to go back again because I have 2 cavities, yuk.  I tried to tell him I didn't need the appointment, could just go to a bar, get in a fight, and get those two teeth knocked out..cavities taken care of!.....but he wasn't buying it.  Congrats on your hilly miles yesterday and good luck with your upcoming miles.

7 miles in an hour, way to go DaveP!

Hope your drive was safe back to Montreal, Lily.  Enjoy those recovery miles.

Way to go, Step, sounds like you got all your mojo back!

Run with Hubby or nothing...so what's YOUR choice, Damaris, which one are you wishing for?

Congrats on your consistent effort run, Meghan!

Glad the weather behaved for you, LRB!  Cuz it's no fun soaking the sheets all night in sweat...

Good luck with the hill repeats, Hobbit.

Happy recovery running from your marathon, Andrew.  Your legs will be back in no time.   Ahhh, youth.  BTW, how is the house hunting going?

7 with fartleks, well done, B-Plus.

and my glutes are sore yo!  So you're a bad-ass now, slymoon...

Dang, Jay, that sounds like a shitty thing to have to wait for....

Sounds like you already got our Texas summer weather, Jack.  102, dang....

Happy SRD, Kristin!

Tom, as I'm going through the same thing you are now - wonky knee for me, off-and-on, this time my right knee, which is supposed to be my GOOD knee, lol - I feel for you and hope you get good MRI results.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sheesh, Scotty.  You never just have a normal day, eh?  Feel better!

What is 'normal'....I don't think that's in my vocabulary. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Does your plan ever do tempo stuff on the medium run?

I haven't decided yet.  

I have only followed a marathon plan once and that was Daniels' Plan A.  The MLR is a Pfitz thing I believe but I did adapt it to my training last fall as Daniels is flexible that way.  It was only an easy run though.

I am writing my own plan for this fall and have a pretty good idea of what I want to do and how.  My MLR will probably top out at 10 miles and I only have a few of them over the course of the 12 week plan (I have zero interest in an 18 week cycle).  I will probably keep speed work separate from that run but the plan remains under construction, so that may change...

I can say though that there is a shit load of fast stuff right up until the end.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Happy recovery running from your marathon, Andrew.  Your legs will be back in no time.   Ahhh, youth.  BTW, how is the house hunting going?

It's in limbo. We're ready to list our house, but there's nothing on the market for us to buy. We could list it an make it contingent on us buying a house within 45 days or so, but we haven't gotten to that point yet. That's probably where the smart money is, because then we wouldn't have to put in a contingent offer to sell our house (if our house wasn't yet sold).

- Andrew

LRB

Only 80%

I am so hoping for a window to run in 40 degrees.  If it's drizzling or raining though all bets are off, it is not warm enough to run in rain yet.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

hmmm...

is it still an AM run if it happens at 5pm? and I do plan on a legit PM run...

2.5 miles easy peasy with my 7yo.

Docket_Rocket

7.65, 2 on the TM, the rest with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

6  miles with 6x(2:00 at 5K effort uphill, jog down)

It was nice to come down from the boonies and run with friends for a change Smile

LRB

We are getting Aprils rain in May!  I guess I can handle running on the TM tomorrow, I will need to listen to music while doing it though.  Which is weird because I do not run with it while outside, but cannot run without it inside.  Go figure. 

StepbyStep-SH

LRB - Wall squats are good for quad strength/endurance. The guy who leads our group picked i up from a guy who had run one hundred 100-milers and swore by wall squats.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

Summer roasting temps are upon us in the California foothills.  Over 90 degrees today.  The dogs were hot, the chickens were hot.  The rabbits didn't seem to care for it much either.   With their fur coats, I may have to take in some blocks of ice for them to lay against tomorrow if it gets any worse.

On the running front, I took an URD.  I was lugging a dwarf lime tree out to the garden area to re-pot and I re-tweaked that ankle.  I figured running is  probably not going to help anything and my body seems to want an easy week.

Life is good.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

PM PM

4 miles... felt harder than it should have... by far.   meh

LRB

On the running front, I took an URD.  I was lugging a dwarf lime tree out to the garden area to re-pot and I re-tweaked that ankle.

You should wear work-boots when you are in the field, I do when doing yard work.  The extra support may be what you need.

I have heard of wall squats Step and actually have done it once or twice.  It can be difficult though to find the time to do everything us hobby joggers need to do.  I will keep them in mind.