Beginners and Beyond

Somnolent saturday penguins! (Read 22 times)

Zelanie

Morning, pens!

Confession time- I have been living with piriformis pain, or something like it, for most of this year.  I just decided to live with it because I don't feel it at all when I'm running, after my warmup.  I feel it more when I've been sitting a lot, especially if I cross my legs, so it's a good reminder to get up out of the chair more often.  I don't know if it's really piriformis or what, but it mostly hurts right where my hamstring meets my hip.  It didn't even go away when I took all that time off for my knee!  Neither the sports doc or the PT seemed to concerned about it, so I just deal.  It's not getting worse and may be gradually getting better.

What helps are the piriformis stretches, and different ones work better at different times.  Also, I have a baseball that I roll on.  That does the most for it.  I am thinking my PT exercises with the bands probably help it over time, and I am keeping up with those.

I got my 1:00 plank done, and will run 10 closer to this evening.

Jimmy- Do you have a roller?

Bin- Sounds like fun!  Moon cakes sound yummy. Smile

Traci- Maybe alternate different workouts for different areas, so that you don't feel like you're doing too much every day?

Jack- Enjoy the recovery run.

D- Sorry to hear the Hershey is having such a rough time!  Hope that you are able to get him home soon!

Mickey- Wow, you have had a week!  I'm sorry that running is adding to the stress for you instead of providing stress relief.  I bet the shin pain is the old shoes.  I have had a pair of shoes at least feel like it made a difference in a single run.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Kept the streak going with a pre wedding 3 miler.  House is full of bridesmaids.  Guess I better go take a shower.

Have a great weekend.

Zelanie

Have a great day, Jerry!  Congratulations!

Dad on the run.

Zelanie - No, I went to buy a roller and was trying to decide between that and a stick and wound up getting the latter. I think next pay check I'm going to pick up a rumbler roller.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Just kicking it today and recovering a bit.  Today was an easy 2 1/2 hour run.  It turned out to be 16 1/2 miles.  Not shabby.  Next weekends long has so many tempo miles....ugh.  It should end up being about 19 miles.  I hope it's cool out.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jerry: lol, sounds fun. I hope you have some good beer for the reception.

i did my five easy miles and it was nice except that my buddy and I had to climb a fence. It was the first time in years that either of us had done that and he got his wedding ring stuck and it popped his finger out of the socket. We popped it back on and got on with it. It is hard getting old. Sigh...

hog4life

Jack, your buddy is lucky, most times something like that happens, it strips the finger of the skin. It's a policy at my work, No Wedding Rings. If you ever have seen a picture, it will make you think! Be warned, if you Google it, it's quite gross.

Mickey, wow, busy week. Hope everyone will be okay.

Jimmy, did you say heel was hurting? Bottom? If so, that sounds like maybe PF.

Traci, I cannot believe this is happening to you, I'm very sorry and hope you can figure something out.

Zel, have fun on the 10. I think that I have that piriformis/sciatic stuff sometimes too. I can feel a "twinge" sometimes deep in the glute kinda where it connect to the hammy.

13.1 mile LR done at 10:37 pace(2:17). My foot feels very good while running. It's a little stiff/sore now, but not painful. This will give me a little over 30 for the week, which is the first time my weekly mile have been that high since May.

tracilynn

Went kayaking today so I had lots of time to sit on my sore arse!. Ha. Sounds like I will be able to run through this as long as I manage it Since zel and Mitch also have it. It hurts right where my hamstring meets the glute YES  !   I have constant peroneal tendon pain in my left ankle that I have to constantly manage too.   I don't care as long as I can manage it. I took yesterday and today off. I will try a run in the morning Or maybe tonight.

Hmm.  I wonder if Jerry is twerking.,,

jack, that sounds gnarly about the finger. I've seen those work safety videos that show the stripped fingers too. OUCH.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Bin Running

Mitch, strong HM LR. You are coming back strong.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Traci - do you ever get therapeutic massages?  Might help with all the tight muscles.