Beginners and Beyond

Runner forfiets race over bib number (Read 191 times)

Not crazy... Just colorful. Angry

i saw a deal on the news today about people lined up to buy a bobble head of the crack smoking mayor from Toronto.

I wonder if his shirt on the bobble head had 666 on it Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

happylily

i saw a deal on the news today about people lined up to buy a bobble head of the crack smoking mayor from Toronto.

I wonder if his shirt on the bobble head had 666 on it Smile

LOL... I was thinking about buying one. It could be worth something on ebay someday. But I decided against it. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RSX

LOL... I was thinking about buying one. It could be worth something on ebay someday. But I decided against it. Big grin

It might be if he signs it. It showed him signing them on the news.

TakeAHike

TakeAHike, your post makes way too much sense for the interwebs.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.  The thread was much more interesting when we were talking about FreeSoul's horse crop.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Big grin I purchased my at Rural King for $3, when at those stupid sex stores they charge like $30 for a cheap piece of crap. I'd rather have real, quality leather one Cool

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.  The thread was much more interesting when we were talking about FreeSoul's horse crop.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

The whole discussion about religion in the military made me curious, so I googled a few articles to see what I could find.  I immediately found plenty of references to the 2005 investigation into proselytizing at the Air Force Academy.   In a nutshell, the accusation was that officers and senior cadets "inappropriately used their positions to push their evangelical Christian beliefs on Air Force cadets."  There were lots of examples provided in this NYT article.  I am not exactly sure what policies were enacted in the last eight years, but it seems fairly clear that the Air Force Academy made an effort to address these concerns.

The issue boiled up again this year.  In May 2013, a townhall.com article reported than an Air Force officer was forced to remove a Bible from his desk.  In July 2013, a number of House Republicans sent to a letter to Leon Panetta, urging him to investigate "the growing hostility toward religious freedom" in the Air Force.  This is summarized in a HuffPost article that also discuses whether it is appropriate for a military commander to say, "I am going to attend this [prayer group] and you are encouraged to attend." The congressmen who wrote to Panetta think this is an exercise of free speech. Others quoted in the article think this is coercive and improper.

In the last few weeks, the topic has really heated up.  On September 30th, FoxNews addressed the case that SusanRachel brought up.  I am trying to be impartial here, but I find this article very difficult to read. There are plenty of words, but few details that explain what really happened.  Then, just a few days ago, Army Times reported that an Air Force Academy trainer pledged to talk about his faith while on the job.  He was attributed with the following quote, “I am on staff at USAFA and will talk about Jesus Christ my Lord and savior to everyone that I work with”.

What I infer from all this, and this is just my opinion, is that proselytizing was once very common in the military (or at least in the Air Force).  The military was taken to task for this and has endeavored to make some changes.  These changes have gone too far for many evangelical Christians who now feel less welcome in the military than they did 10 years ago.  Some are vowing to disobey orders and continue to proselytize.  I can see that this would make for a difficult transition for many.  I would also not be shocked if some officers and enlisted men are "kicked out" of the military because of the conflict they see between their religious views and their orders.  So even though the idea seemed incredible to me at first, I can actually see how some evangelical Christians might feel discriminated against in the U.S. military.  I don't see it that way, but I guess can I understand why SR might.

This sums up Fox News quite well.

You people have issues 

RSX

Big grin I purchased my at Rural King for $3, when at those stupid sex stores they charge like $30 for a cheap piece of crap. I'd rather have real, quality leather one Cool

Great I won't have to shop at the sex store in town now plus I can save $.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes, you'd be surprised what kind of toys you can buy at places like Rural King. They're cheaper and of better quality Big grin

Great I won't have to shop at the sex store in town now plus I can save $.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

happylily

Rural King: America's Farm, Home and Sex store. 

Sounds scary to me. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Yes, you'd be surprised what kind of toys you can buy at places like Rural King. They're cheaper and of better quality Big grin

And you don't look like a horny SOB.

I am sure you could find a blow up sheep at the right time at the rural king. It will be a better deal than the ones at the naughty store.

Tomas

Rural King: America's Farm, Home and Sex store. 

Sounds scary to me. Big grin

Maybe they are behind the farmersonly.com hook up website. "You are never lonely at farmers only." They play that commercial way too much durring the Alabama football games.

Tomas

RSX

I am sure you could find a blow up sheep at the right time at the rural king. It will be a better deal than the ones at the naughty store.

No need to tell us how they compare in price.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A blown up sheep is a little too kinky for even me.

But if you're looking for rope, chains, channel locks, etc..... other items that resemble dildos and vibraters (for those very kinky S&M types) then Rural King is the place. Not that I would know from experience Cool

PRs

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Now I have to lock my shed.  I just got a new leaf blower,  and don't even want to think about what you'd do with it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Just going to sit back and enjoy where this thread is going Wink

Chasing the sub 20 5K.