Beginners and Beyond

Penguins are sleeping in on Wednesday (Read 27 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sad to say we placed 2nd at bar trivia and didn't win.  I think I'm getting a bit dyslexic in my old age..I initially read that as BRA trivia, lol.  Wow, Kristin, car boot, etc, that was quite some birthday you had yesterday.  I think you should just shrug that off and have a do-over and celebrate your birthday this week sometime on a better day.

Jimmy, I think you should just use plain ole duct tape.  Duct tape fixes the universe, to it should work on your legs, right? Wink

Heck, slow running is all I do, Awood, so have fun with it, take the time to look all around you on your route, enjoy 'smelling the roses' for a change. I bet YOUR 'slow' is way different from mine, lol.

Nice NNO party for you too, PAD. Good thing you weren't intoxicated when the police stopped by.. Joking

Margo, I don't know all the people on my street, but a lot of them.  However, most of them seemed to know me, lol.  Guess I am easily recognizable from all the running I do in my area.  Good luck with tomorrow's workout today!  Pick apples?  That sounds like a pretty good workout in itself!  Gail's sister owns an apple orchard up in Washington State and it is a lot of hard work!  I admire and respect her and her husband for doing it, quite frankly, I just would not have the patience.

Yeah, Zelanie, my pay and medical benefits are okay, but the military commissaries have closed up for now, so there go my discount groceries!  Good luck with your 8 after work!

Good luck with that 14-mile run, Jack!  And congrats on the 55 mile week, zowie!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

For those that were wondering....yes the part-time jobs mean a lot more money, so that's good. It also means less free time...but honestly I was going a little crazy with this free time....I tend to be VERY unproductive when given too much free time I do MUCH better in all facets of my life when everything is GO GO GO! Back to morning running it is! I will miss the extra hour and a half of sleep but honestly I enjoy morning running more than evening running...I feel like it starts off my day nicely and gives me more energy throughout my day.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

3.25 miles done......IT WAS HOT OUT! What happened to fall?! 84 degrees at sunset...ugh. My legs were feeling icky and my body felt like only going recovery pace, so recovery pace I did.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

14 miles done in 2:00 flat with headband, reflective vest, and Hulk Hogan mustache! Tired legs from the hills but otherwise I'm feeling good. Oh yeah.

Bin Running

14 miles done in 2:00 flat with headband, reflective vest, and Hulk Hogan mustache! Tired legs from the hills but otherwise I'm feeling good. Oh yeah.

Strong run!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar