Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 32 times)

LRB

I think the word you are looking for is "stupid".  Since you seem to always use it.

FYP - congrats on the continued weight loss!

StepbyStep-SH

I ran this route for the second day today:

Yesterday was only 6 miles (three downhill, three uphill); I underestimated how tough 6 miles uphill would be when I decided to make it 12+ today. But it was worth it. Only 4 cars the whole two hours, birds, squirrels, rabbits, and tracks from deer, turkey and coyotes, also.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Nice pics Step!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I am still in Washington State.  My Turkey Trot 5K report and photos are on the front page somewhere.   Took Friday off, recovering from all the beer and drink and food my favorite brother-in-law and I enjoyed on the holiday.   Saturday I woke up at 6:30 a.m. to a temp of 27 degrees with a 'feels like" temp of 19.    Nevertheless, got my gear on, went down to the river trail and got in 3.2 miles.  That flippin' wind was blowing like crazy off the river.  AND...it started snowing on me!  How rude of Mother Nature!    Well, I still prefer warm weather running, but I must say this was quite an 'exhilarating' run...felt like I was back in Ohio.  I was tempted to go a bit farther but I am not anymore the experienced "winter runner" like I was back in Ohio, so I felt 3 miles was quite adequate for this Texas runner who has not been in snow for about 20 years, better safe than sorry.    I did take some photos along the way and one nice lady took one of me with a bit of snow on my shirt and hat.  I will post those after I get back home next week, my in-laws' computer has some 'photo' issues apparently...it took me FOREVER to get my turkey trot report posted last night.  So I will just wait till I get home to post any more photos.

Meanwhile....3.2 miles done in some real winter cold.  All you 'real winter" people would've been so proud, seeing me out there holding my own against Old Man Wiinter.  I dunno about tomorrow though....the temp is dropping even MORE tonite.  Tomorrow morning a high of 15 degrees at 8 a.m., WTH?    I shall see tomorrow morning when I wake up if I am willing to get out in THAT!!  And the weather guy said today the snow would only be 'flurries" and then clearing skies.  Bu guess what? It's STILL snowing, 3 hours after I finished my run!  So obviously this local weather guy is an idiot.   But I shall deal, I shall deal...only a few more days and I will be back in the San Antonio sunshine.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

Beautiful pictures, Step! What a serene run it must have been... Quite a good workout as well!

I just finished 8 miles at recovery. Half the house cleaning was done this morning. Now time for the other half... sigh...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol Scotty, you did great for being a warm weather person Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Step, great pictures.

Nice job, Scotty!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

Brrrrrr Scotty.  I would have been scared to go outside.

Beautiful pictures Step!

Life is good.

onemile

I ran 8.  45 degrees felt pretty warm.

workinprogress11

8 total. 5 speedy ones by myself and 3 slow ones with my sister. She's having IT band issues. Boo.

B-Plus

I went to spectate XC nationals for a bit. What a soggy and slushy mess!

LRB

I went out for pizza at a spot named Crispelli's. Yes I ate the whole tthing. 

LRB

^ carbs for tomorrow's workout.  

delicate flower

'Morning.  I wasn't sure if I was going to run today, but then the wife asked me to run 4 miles with her and who am I to say no.  So 4 cold miles at wife pace, then we went to Oski's house for a delicious Second Thanksgiving.  I think I'm done with turkey for a while.  Big grin

<3