Beginners and Beyond

The zombie dead horse beats on: the latest update from RWOL (Read 881 times)

hugsy

Hate to break it to you. If you have to ask if you're cool, you are not.
    crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Hate to break it to you. If you have to ask if you're cool, you are not.

Dude, I get that I am not and have never been cool.  I don't like the blatant manipulation of implying that if you are cool, you hang out on a specific message board. 

not lazy, just tired

I read it as saying "look, all the cool kids haven't left for RA. They're still hanging around RWOL after all!"

For the record, I never have been and never will be cool.

Not if it makes sense.

hugsy

None of us are cool. We're dorky runners. Joggers, even.
          aponi

never runs the tangents

Isn't this cool kid comment the same sort of awesome humor that Mark very literally uses to write those books he gets all mad about when people criticize?

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

kettledrum

I know that I am not cool.    But I do think it's cool there's some VH in this thread!   Class dismissed!

Docket_Rocket

None of us are cool. We're dorky runners. Joggers, even.

WHAT? Joggers??????

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

not lazy, just tired

maybe even... shhhh... gallowalkers?

Not if it makes sense.

xor

Isn't this cool kid comment the same sort of awesome humor that Mark very literally uses to write those books he gets all mad about when people criticize?

Yes, but Mr Remy did not write that post, Kevin Knabe did.

xor

Dude, I get that I am not and have never been cool.  I don't like the blatant manipulation of implying that if you are cool, you hang out on a specific message board. 

What about the idea that Moth is "disappointed" in us?  Kind of similar, really.

kitteh

What about the idea that Moth is "disappointed" in us?  Kind of similar, really.

That part I really don't get, and I don't understand why he is still posting there either. I've had loyalty to a group of people, but never to a particular message board platform or location or whatever. It strikes me as odd, but then I was never really around enough to truly get to "know" Moth. Still, I miss his presence here.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

To be honest, I have issues there too.  And conspiracy theories.  But none are fit for public consumption. 

I thank you for bringing the post to my attention.  I was mostly done with over there as it was.  Now, I am really done.   The only decision left to make is regarding the 2013 game.

hugsy

maybe even... shhhh... gallowalkers?

Only if they do that little dance. You know the one...Do the Galloway!
                            xor

that dance is 5 minutes of watusi/pony followed by 1 minute of slow side-to-side "8th grade boy dance"

hugsy

The man said he was disappointed. Never said it was "in us". Maybe he was disappointed with our LEAVING. Maybe you should ask him what he meant. Straight out of the horse's mouth and all.