Beginners and Beyond

Baboon and MtnBikerChk's 5K RR - a two-for-one report (oh boy!) (Read 155 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Baboon, that's awesome for having just come back from such a nasty injury.  Glad you're back, and doing so well.

MtnBikerChk, pretty darn good for not having any expectations going in.  Congrats!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awesome, congrats to both of you.

Nevrgivup

Congrats to both of you! Phil you haven't lost much fitness at all. I'm so happy that your back on your feet and you have no pain. Yay!

Are you still up for Hartford? Would be a very cool FE. Big grin

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Nice work you two. It's great to see you out and racing Baboon. To have done it that well is definitely icing on the cake. I guess all that hard rehab work was worth it.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

Congrats to both of you! Phil you haven't lost much fitness at all. I'm so happy that your back on your feet and you have no pain. Yay!

Are you still up for Hartford? Would be a very cool FE. Big grin

I am IN for Hartford!  I mean, I have not registered yet, but I am planning on doing the HM (MBC would like to as well).  I may sign up before the end of this weekend since they are offering $10 off for Father's Day.  I get start seeding too, which is kind of cool.  That'll be a first for me.  I could probably do the full marathon, but I don't want to push my luck or have to train for that right now.

Thanks again for all the comments.  While it's true that I worked my tail off in the gym rehabbing my knee, it's more a product of being a little neurotic about exercising than it is being diligent with rehab.  But, whatever gets me through.  Big grin

<3

Nevrgivup

I'm doing the HM too! I saw that offer. Better get to it! Looking forward to meeting you both!

I am IN for Hartford!  I mean, I have not registered yet, but I am planning on doing the HM (MBC would like to as well).  I may sign up before the end of this weekend since they are offering $10 off for Father's Day.  I get start seeding too, which is kind of cool.  That'll be a first for me.  I could probably do the full marathon, but I don't want to push my luck or have to train for that right now.

Thanks again for all the comments.  While it's true that I worked my tail off in the gym rehabbing my knee, it's more a product of being a little neurotic about exercising than it is being diligent with rehab.  But, whatever gets me through.  Big grin

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

delicate flower

I'm doing the HM too! I saw that offer. Better get to it! Looking forward to meeting you both!

HOORAY!  I've got a HM two weeks prior as well (Hogsback HM...it was a deferral).  I should be recovered for Hartford.  Big grin

<3

Dad on the run.

Great run you two. Glad to see your back at it Baboon after your ACL issues.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

bobruns

Glad to see you made such a great recovery!  Congrats on a great race, both of you!

Great job and congrats to both of you.

Baboon, what an amazing recovery you've had, you'll be after that PR again in no time.

MA runner girl

HOORAY!  I've got a HM two weeks prior as well (Hogsback HM...it was a deferral).  I should be recovered for Hartford.  Big grin

Hey I'm running Hogsback too as my first half since being pregnant! Ill be running the hartford marathon relay too. And I just ran my first 5K sunday too, but I did the west Springfield taste of the valley 5k.

Greatjob, glad to see your return is going well!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16