Beginners and Beyond

A Geeky Penguin Sunday! (Read 18 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Show your geeky nerdy pride today and don't forget your towel!

Work & RD for me today. I'll need my towel for a pillow I guess.

Zelanie

Hey, you sass that hoopy PADRunner?  He's a frood who really knows where his towel is!  Enjoy the RD!

6 easy for me at some point, plus maybe some yard work.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Last SRD.

Go, Jack and Mrs. Jack.

Damaris

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Had an awesome 4.5 on  the hamster wheel this morning whilst flipping between Monaco GP & Indy 500.  Pretty good morning.

This, after a hard (but awesome) 25 mile bike ride yesterday which will be followed by about 30 miles on the bike tomorrow!!  Quite the workout weekend, indeed!!

Randy

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

First run this year on Des Plaines River Trail.  Cut it short at 3.5 miles feeling sluggish.  Weather and trail were really nice, so kind of a waste driving all the way there.  We will try another stretch of the trail next time, maybe tomorrow.  Can't run on our bike path on weekends due to bike traffic.

Hope you are having/had a great race Mr and Mrs Jack K.

GinnyinPA

We had company from out of town show up unexpectedly today, so it became an URD.  Just as well, since I'm still feeling wiped out.  He left at 5:00 and I had no desire to do anything but start dinner and read the paper.

PAD and Damaris - I hope your rest days went well.

Z - I hope you got your run and yard work done.

Redrum - glad you had an awesome run.

Jerry - sorry your run went badly. I hope tomorrow is better.