Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES - Let's Start From The Beginning (Read 237 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Wow!!! So when is your actual marathon???? if you don't have one on your calendar yet, you need to remedy that ASAP!!!

Hey everyone!

Had a long run get a lil out of control today lol  Went out for 20 and told myself that if I was feeling good I'd go a lil further.  Well, then I decided to see what it would feel like to run a marathon, and guess what, it's pretty tough. lol  Finished 26.25 miles in 3:32:21.  Not bad for day 18 of my holiday streak. Smile  Best of all, no chafing or blisters!

Mmmmm...beer

Wow!!! So when is your actual marathon???? if you don't have one on your calendar yet, you need to remedy that ASAP!!!

I'm torn, already registered for the Shamrock half, but could bump that to the full.  But I'm thinking about sticking to the half because I really want to see how much I can improve over my first half from Sept.  Plus, there's a sick part of me that wants to try to BQ my first full, and that's going to take some serious training.  So I'll probably wait till next fall for my first full.  But at least now I know how much those last few miles suck! lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I'm sure that will be invaluable information to have during your first full. You are going to KILL IT!!!
        RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Lily, hope you avoid catching the bug. My sister teaches youngsters and seems to be a carrier for just about every virus known to man, so I understand what you get to deal with. Hope that little guy gets better quickly.

Quite day at work, but I got so dug into working with the computer model today that it went by quickly. It's amazing how much I can get done when nobody bothers me. The end of the work day was different - they were upgrading our security system software, and apparently came across a major glitch. The outside gates on our entrance/exit road would not open. They had to manually be disconnected from the mechanism and pushed open. Of course, they didn't discover this little glitch until shift change time, so the night shift spent 45 minutes sitting outside the gate and I had to stay inside for 45 minutes. Needless to say, I was a little ticked by the time I got out of there.

Still managed to do a mile, just to keep the streak alive. 13 days and counting. A mile isn't much of a run, but I didn't really have time for much more.

Hope everyone had a good Saturday.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

workinprogress11

Lily-I hope the gastro bug doesn't bite you!

Code and Flippy-Great races.  Congratulations!

D to the 2nd-That's quite a long run and a great time for it.  Way to go!

12 hellish horrible miles for me today.  I really should have stayed in bed as I am still sick, woke up with a migraine and had no business running.  Once I took my miracle migraine medicine (Imitrex) it felt so good to have the headache gone that I sort thought I was better than I actually was and decided to run.  Once I got out the door, I wouldn't let myself run less than was scheduled so ended up slogging through the 12 miles slowly and with lots of stops to regroup.  I now feel like someone spent the day beating me up.

I learned a valuable lesson today.  I need to stop being so "determined" and use some common sense.

Docket_Rocket

Dtothe2nd, great job.  Don't forget to rest.  26 miles is a long way.  Don't ask me how I know....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

No running today but we did just finish 4 miles walking around the island looking at Christmas lights...or the lack of....

Running for TJ because he can't.

Hi dailies:

Lily - eww, kid cooties.  I guess it's a hazard of the job, and a poor decision by the mother to bring him.

c0de - great job on the PR

Flippy - see above

D^2 - wow, nice practicethon

7 easy but rainy/windy miles tonight, 7:39 pace.  Tomorrow is the last day before Project: Sub 3:00 training begins. 

hog4life

10 miles done after a 68 hour work week, not sure how I accomplished that, but glad I did.

Mmmmm...beer

Dtothe2nd, great job.  Don't forget to rest.  26 miles is a long way.  Don't ask me how I know....

Thanks Damaris!  You would definitely know!  I've been resting and refueling all afternoon/evening.  Just went for a lil walk around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights and felt pretty good.  Looking forward to a long nights sleep. Smile

Thanks workinprogress and shirfan!

This is the first time I've run over 20 miles, but I'm not going to make a habit out it, not yet anyway.  Gonna bring my LR back down to 16-18 and start focusing on some speed work for my half.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!