Beginners and Beyond

Monte Sano 15K RR (Read 76 times)

Docket_Rocket

Great job and nice FE!  Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good job. Nice splits

LRB

Nice racin' Mitch, you have really dialed it in what with being able to hold your pace like that, and a goal pace at that!

Cool pic too!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Wow, you ran it faster than your tempo pace, and placed in the top third. Great job!

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your race, Mitch!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RabbitChaser

Great job, Mitch! Congratulations on running a strong race and blowing past your goal times. Thanks for sharing the RR.

TakeAHike

That's great Mitch.  I know you weren't expecting much after the setbacks you had over the summer, but you really nailed it.  Those paces were consistent and strong.  I'm glad things came together for you.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

skygazer

Mitch,

Late congrats!

Very nice mile split times and it looks like the hills did you nothing. You're definitely going to have a good time for the HMs and the Full. And I'm looking forward to seeing you at the races again.

It was a nice surprise to run into you and got to talk to you guys and your friends. I had a great time chatting with every of you. (Tell me we just have a nice running community. Somehow I felt I was there to socialize. I talked to a lot of peeps after the race, including some who run at the same park where I do my weekday runs and  both the female masters and the female overall winners. The latter I'd run with on the trail a couple of times.)

So did you or Traci win the shoe lottery?Roll eyes

hog4life

Mitch,

Late congrats!

Very nice mile split times and it looks like the hills did you nothing. You're definitely going to have a good time for the HMs and the Full. And I'm looking forward to seeing you at the races again.

It was a nice surprise to run into you and got to talk to you guys and your friends. I had a great time chatting with every of you. (Tell me we just have a nice running community. Somehow I felt I was there to socialize. I talked to a lot of peeps after the race, including some who run at the same park where I do my weekday runs and  both the female masters and the female overall winners. The latter I'd run with on the trail a couple of times.)

So did you or Traci win the shoe lottery?Roll eyes

Thanks, it was really nice to see and talk with you again. No, I didn't win, and neither did Traci. My friends did though, she was the lady in the lime green shirt with blonde hair that I was talking to. Her husband and I run most of the race together. See you soon!

Congrats on your age group win Smile

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Great job on the race!  You obviously have some more fitness in you than you were thinking, despite the PF struggles.  Way to trust yourself out there and continue running the paces you were hitting with ease.  Good luck with that marathon training.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

SheCan

Mitch, I'm sorry I'm just getting around to this.  I had a crazy, busy week this past week.

Great, fast job!  Congratulations.  Super neat that you got to FE with several others.  I know you're going to really kill your December marathon.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

happylily

That is a great pic of of the two of you. :-) So glad you got to meet with other forumites!

Mitch, that is a great finish time, great ranking (both AG and overall!) and super great improvement over your first race on that course. Huge congratulations! Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Wow, what an amazing improvement, even with the injury last time. Congrats!!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Mitch.  You did really well, especially with the PF and your recent work schedule.  It bodes very well for your marathon.

Rubybaby43

enabler

Wow...very nice race for you.  Way to kick butt on your goal times!  Congrats! Smile

KLO

more miles = more beer