Beginners and Beyond

Well, it is the Saturdailies (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We saw Sin City 2 today.  If you liked the first one, you'll love this one.

And I just woke up from a 2 hour nap and a 12oz of OJ to ward off this cold.  A run later when it is not this hot.  Maybe in an hour.

Damaris

LRB

We saw Sin City 2 today.  If you liked the first one, you'll love this one.

The first one was so long! 

It got a little weird here and there but yes I did like the first one.

LRB

Shit and speaking of movies I still need to see the Expendables 3.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The first one was so long! 

It got a little weird here and there but yes I did like the first one.

This one was only 1 hour and 40 minutes.  And yes, go see Expendables 3.

Damaris

Cyberic

I'm losing weight. I don't want to lose weight. The problem is that I don't really eat much more now that I run than before. And I was far from overweight before.

I read that you guys eat like there's no tomorrow when you're running much, and that is what I would need to do, but apparently I don't eat enough. I eat my 3 meals a day, and eat chips and other junk in the evenings. People who know me think I eat a lot. My meals are pretty big. For f**k's sake,  I can't be eating all the time!

I'll continue this regimen until my half in September, and then I'll seriously question myself to know if I want to go ahead and train for a full marathon next.

LRB

This one was only 1 hour and 40 minutes.  And yes, go see Expendables 3.

Awesome!

And you are two movies ahead of me, WTF?

LRB

I'm losing weight. I don't want to lose weight. The problem is that I don't really eat much more now that I run than before. And I was far from overweight before.

I read that you guys eat like there's no tomorrow when you're running much, and that is what I would need to do, but apparently I don't eat enough. I eat my 3 meals a day, and eat chips and other junk in the evenings. People who know me think I eat a lot. My meals are pretty big. For f**k's sake,  I can't be eating all the time!

I'll continue this regimen until my half in September, and then I'll seriously question myself to know if I want to go ahead and train for a full marathon next.

The only real reason I am making it a point to eat something yummy, delicious and sinful every day while training for this stupid marathon is my face sometimes looks ridiculously thin and hideous (to me).  I have thus finally gotten over the consume less than I expend calorie mantra that defined me for a billion years and now am enjoying the fruits of my labor so to speak.

In other words, I like my body how it is right now (175 lbs, size 29 waist) and have finally gotten to the point where I do not want to lose another stinking pound.

B-Plus

I weighed in at a pound above my Chicago weight before my run this morning! It's taken damn long enough!

outoftheblue

That's interesting.  I wonder why is doing that.  I've never had a Garmin that has measured short, but sometimes when the satellites are not located properly and I noticed immediately when my 0.15 trek to the main street ends up being 0.50 at warp speed.  Have you considered the mile markers wrongly measured?  The ones at my park say it's a one mile loop and I always run 1.02-1.05 in that loop, finishing way before the loop is over after a while.

It's possible, but I used to bike the trail all the time growing up and seem to remember the odometer coming up 12 (of course I was far less anal about exact distance measurements back in those days).  It also doesn't explain the pretty big discrepancy between my two garmins.  The other weird thing my new garmin does is about the half the time it doesn't recognized that I've stopped -- that is, a water or bathroom stop is not reflected on the delta between average time and average moving time.  I took a full minute to refill my water bottles last time I ran this route and it showed the average time and moving time for that mile as exactly the same.  My old garmin, on the other hand, used to invent supposed breaks when I had been running continuously.

I guess I have to accept that technology isn't perfect.  Who would have guessed?

Life is good.

outoftheblue

The only real reason I am making it a point to eat something yummy, delicious and sinful every day while training for this stupid marathon is my face sometimes looks ridiculously thin and hideous (to me).  I have thus finally gotten over the consume less than I expend calorie mantra that defined me for a billion years and now am enjoying the fruits of my labor so to speak.

In other words, I like my body how it is right now (175 lbs, size 29 waist) and have finally gotten to the point where I do not want to lose another stinking pound.

That's a good place to be.   Enjoy the food, you've earned it.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh. You guys are making me jealous with the weight loss.  Although everybody is telling me I look like I have been losing weight (Even the judge told me so it must be noticeable to everyone but me). Too bad the scale appears to be broken, ha.

6 with hubby done. It was only 96F. Winter!

Damaris

LRB

Sigh. You guys are making me jealous with the weight loss.  Although everybody is telling me I look like I have been losing weight (Even the judge told me so it must be noticeable to everyone but me). 

The person losing the weight is often the last to see it. Ditto for the person gaining it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The person losing the weight is often the last to see it. Ditto for the person gaining it.

It's like cheating then...the wife is the last to know.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And my abdominal pain seems to have gone away.  We'll see after tomorrow's LR, but if it's gone, then it was an infection (I hope that's the case).

Damaris