Beginners and Beyond

2014 Puerto Rico Half Marathon RR: With LOTS of Pics (More Pics Added) (Read 89 times)

Especially since he wants to do 12 half marathons in 12 months.  I wonder who gave him that idea. 

Senorita Loco Wink

Great job D , what an amazingly quick recovery.  So glad that you got it out of the way and can return to running the way you like to.

Mr. D looks like he is loving racing now, I hope he can get those shin splints behind him.  Cool pics!

hog4life

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Still can't believe you run that far just after surgery.

Will run for scenery.

Back when I was in PR (late '70s) they used to have tables full of free sample piña coladas in the streets.  They looked an awful lot like aid stations.  I don't suppose there were any mix-ups, were there ?

Congrats on getting back into shape so fast!  You are a maniac.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

delicate flower

Good stuff, Docket!  Nice to see you're back, fully cleared, and running pain-free again.  Congrats to your DH on running another HM too!

<3

No more marathons

But did you get the t-shirt?  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice report and great photos, Damaris. You are looking very strong after your surgery!  Congrats to you and your hubby!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

But did you get the t-shirt?  

I did get a t-shirt but it wasn't a t-shirt worth enough for the T-Shirt team!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Great job! It sounds like you had a great time. It's awesome you were able to run so soon after surgery and that you're now cleared. Big grin

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Ric-G

really liked the pics...congrats...that is some quick recovery, wow!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

I give you and everyone that does it all the credit in the world for running in those temps.  There is simply no way in hell I could or would do that.

Is Mr. Docket interested in 5k's at all?

Docket_Rocket

I give you and everyone that does it all the credit in the world for running in those temps.  There is simply no way in hell I could or would do that.

Is Mr. Docket interested in 5k's at all?

He said they are too short.  I'VE CREATED A MONSTER!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Congratulations to you and Mr. DR. It is so good to see you racing again and feeling well. I wish you  continuing health and some great races!

Damaris, I'm so glad you have recovered so quickly and seem to be pain free. Thanks for the RR, I always enjoy reading them, and the pictures just make them better.

SheCan

She's back!  Congratulations!  So happy that you're back to racing.  What a beautiful location for a race, and so nice that you get to go visit also.  Ugh@ the temps.... but at least it wasn't the full.  Great pictures, and i'm so glad the surgery was a success!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson