Beginners and Beyond

Fall race training weigh-in (Read 111 times)

Docket_Rocket

I know, I love it too! I try to not drink at all right after the run and I pee if I have to. Then I weigh myself and I go woohoo! Then I run to the fridge and I drink gallons of orange juice.  

Haha.  I am too lazy to go upstairs until after my recovery shake but even with that, score!

I cannot imagine how much more I lost in reality since I was drinking water like a camel during the last 10 miles of the run. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Race in 4 weeks again so time to lock the diet down. I'm up 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks.

I've just stopped getting on the scale. Problem solved.

Dave

on my way to badass

Is this the thread where you get encouragement to lose something like 40 pounds? 20 would make a big difference in race paces. I'm going to do a training plan for a kick ass 5K in December. Hopefully I won't get hungry like I did with HM training.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Is this the thread where you get encouragement to lose something like 40 pounds? 20 would make a big difference in race paces. I'm going to do a training plan for a kick ass 5K in December. Hopefully I won't get hungry like I did with HM training.

If you don't, then you aren't doing it right.

Dave

on my way to badass

Crap. I don't think I'll be doing enough miles "to eat shit up" as the saying goes. Middle age hormones and metabolism suck.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Mmmmm...beer

This is no joke.  I had no idea what people were talking about until I started ramping up my mileage even more, this is a whole new kind of hungry!  

I am hungry all the time, I've been trying to keep it in check, because I also don't want to gain weight (in fact I want to drop a few more pounds), but the hunger signal to my brain never stops.  But I'm making my body do more work than it ever has before, so all it knows is that if I don't keep eating, I'll work myself to death, so it tells me to keep eating. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

B-Plus

Race in 4 weeks again so time to lock the diet down. I'm up 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks.

Up 2.5 lbs from Sept race weight with a day to go. I'll take it.

Docket_Rocket

Crap. I don't think I'll be doing enough miles "to eat shit up" as the saying goes. Middle age hormones and metabolism suck.

Yeap.  Men are lucky bastards.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Yeap.  Men are lucky bastards.

Take a look around, we are not immune.  It takes incredible discipline for me to maintain my weight, if I slack off for even two or three weeks or God forbid a month, BLOOF!  lol

B-Plus

Take a look around, we are not immune.  It takes incredible discipline for me to maintain my weight, if I slack off for even two or three weeks or God forbid a month, BLOOF!  lol

Should I prove it after tomorrow? lol

LRB

Should I prove it after tomorrow? lol

Lord knows you can.  lol

On that subject though what are your plans for the rest of the season once the big race is done? Save for themed holiday events, quality races are few and far between around these parts for November and December.

I have been injured or emerging from the bench the past two years so it will be kind of interesting to see what I can find giving the temps should be right up in my wheelhouse.

B-Plus

Lord knows you can.  lol

On that subject though what are your plans for the rest of the season once the big race is done? Save for themed holiday events, quality races are few and far between around these parts for November and December.

I have been injured or emerging from the bench the past two years so it will be kind of interesting to see what I can find giving the temps should be right up in my wheelhouse.

I was originally planning to compete in a XC series instead of this half, but the season doesn't end until 1st weekend of Dec and that wouldn't give me enough recovery with the way I want to kick things off for next year.

i think 1-2 weeks off, then rebuild and just work on base for a month or a bit more. Hopefully I'll work on some core and other general strength as well. Start off a 6-8 week speed segment in early to mid-December culminating in 2 8k races in mid-Jan and early February. Then transition to marathon specific workouts for Boston. At least that's what I'm thinking.

How bout u? 5k-10k. Mile?

How bout u? 5k-10k. Mile?

He's going for the 100 meter.

Dave

B-Plus

He's going for the 100 meter.

Why not 100-miler?