Beginners and Beyond

Hey! Get your butt out of bed, Mondailies! (Read 44 times)

outoftheblue

Well it could have been 1000's, I was just double-checking more or less. Smile

Pfitz is tough, but not THAT tough.

Life is good.

Zelanie

Thanks for the tip. I have never seen this plan, only the ones in the book, I was curious about how it differs from the Advanced. I think the book indicates that MP-10 is about HMP if your are fast enough. (Maybe that is the case for you?) But not sure why they don't set strength pace at HMP for everyone, it seems like it should be doable. I will not actually know my true HMP for a couple weeks: the one I have was set <4 months ago, but is pretty soft..

I went back and re-read the chapter about the strength workouts before I started them, and they have a whole thing about not running them faster than the specified pace just because you can, because of the adaptations they're going for.  But they did say that the faster you are, the closer you are going to be to HMP.

For me, I am nowhere near HMP, and with summer temps, I'm just fine with that. Smile

B-Plus

Thanks for the tip. I have never seen this plan, only the ones in the book, I was curious about how it differs from the Advanced. I think the book indicates that MP-10 is about HMP if your are fast enough. (Maybe that is the case for you?) But not sure why they don't set strength pace at HMP for everyone, it seems like it should be doable. I will not actually know my true HMP for a couple weeks: the one I have was set <4 months ago, but is pretty soft..

Actual = 11s

McMillan = 20s

Zelanie

Tonight's 8 miler did, in fact, turn out to be delightful.  Let's see what tomorrow brings.

ETA: Oh, and yesterday on my run I saw somebody out on an Elliptigo.  She looked like she was having a blast.