Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins Are Unattached! (Read 21 times)

Zelanie

Got an hour in on the elliptical today.  It felt good to sweat again.  I realized that I have been completely neglecting cardio lately since it always seemed like "just a bit longer" until I could run again.  So now I have no excuses- need to get that heart rate up!

Coralie- Good luck!

Jack- Sounds like it's been a good visit, but I bet it will be nice to be back to your normal routine too!

Jimmy- I think there will be plenty more age group awards in your future!  Congrats to Bobby and everyone who ran.

Dad on the run.

She did good. About the last 3 weeks of our C25K she was fighting a pretty bad bladder infection so it really slowed down her training. I don't think she was where she wanted to be, but we all told her that it didn't matter if she had to walk, as long as she crossed that finish line she did way more than most people. She finished in 46 minutes, so like I told her that a PR and she can only get better from here Smile

Jimmy, that is great about Bobby. How did Melanie do?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Hog - Also I may only run the 5k Memorial Day. My leg is still giving me troubles and I think 6 miles might be a bit much for me to try and do because I'm going to push myself and I really don't want to set myself back anymore than I already have.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

GinnyinPA

I had an unexpectedly good run this afternoon.  Forecast was for 80 degrees, instead we had some sort of marine layer overhead (though we're nowhere near the ocean) and the high was about 65.  I headed out tired and planning on only going about 4, but once out I did all the side roads, so I ended up running 5.5.  I'd have gone farther if I'd been carrying water.  Sweet run.

Coralie - I hope your evening race goes well.  Chambersburg is having an evening run in a couple of weeks.  I think it's more of a fun run than a competition, but it could be interesting.  They are publicizing it all over, raising money for anti-poverty programs.

Jimmy - I hope you're able to run your next race for yourself, really racing it.  Assuming, of course, that your shins feel better.

Zelanie - how did your knee feel after the elliptical?

Tomas - I walk on all my long days, but then, our dog gets quite insistent.

Baconista - hope the color run went well.

Bin - I hope you get your long run in tomorrow.

Mitch - I hope you were able to do your long run after work.

I went through my closet and found a bunch of clothes that no longer fit. I gave some to my brother and will send some to a cousin.

Hooefully by July or August I can get rid of another pile of clothes Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

SheCan

My brother and his g/f left today, so I haven't run since last Monday.  Its too late and too warm for me to want to run right now.  Hopefully tomorrow I can start working on getting back into the running habit.  Hope everyone else is doing well!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Ginny- Knee felt great.  Glad you had a good run!

Cheri- I am sure you will be back to running in no time!

SheCan

Cheri- I am sure you will be back to running in no time!

Thanks, Zelanie!  I hope you're right, and since you have faith in me, I'll for sure have to get back in shape!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

My LR was a bust, ended with 5.11. All these hours I've worked the last 2 weeks have taken a toll I suppose. I still managed 25 miles for the week, so all is good.

Jimmy, that will be just fine. Whatever you do, don't feel obligated to do the 10k. The 5k will have close to 2000 runners also, and I will hanging around with you guys anyways. I've thought about running the 5k also, so I may as well just sign up. Is Bobby and Melanie, your mom, dad, sister coming up.

Cherie, get back on the horse please. I will need some serious help this fall with the plan I'm trying to put together.

Dad on the run.

Mom and dad are. Sister is going to the beach with a friend. I'm still working on bob and Mel. If they do come they won't be able to eat with us. Her parents doing having a cookout sp they will have to leave right after the race.

My LR was a bust, ended with 5.11. All these hours I've worked the last 2 weeks have taken a toll I suppose. I still managed 25 miles for the week, so all is good.

Jimmy, that will be just fine. Whatever you do, don't feel obligated to do the 10k. The 5k will have close to 2000 runners also, and I will hanging around with you guys anyways. I've thought about running the 5k also, so I may as well just sign up. Is Bobby and Melanie, your mom, dad, sister coming up.

Cherie, get back on the horse please. I will need some serious help this fall with the plan I'm trying to put together.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Sloooow.

My brother and his g/f left today, so I haven't run since last Monday.  Its too late and too warm for me to want to run right now.  Hopefully tomorrow I can start working on getting back into the running habit.  Hope everyone else is doing well!

Glad to see you back! Smile

5K today was a fiasco, hahaha! Pretty much a 3.1 mile death march. Temperature ended up being 86F, 72F dewpoint. My first mile was 9:55 pace, fastest mile yet. Then I lost the will to live in the heat. Pretty much ran a couple of minutes, walked a couple of minutes. Finish time was around 35 minutes. I'm disappointed for strange reasons, mainly, that my legs feel fine. I don't even feel like I gave myself a good work out, it was a heat endurance event for me, and it SUCKED!