Beginners and Beyond

I'm in trouble with the boss again WednesDAILIES (Read 68 times)

Docket_Rocket

My FR10 requires the plug-in to be installed, but allows me to plug in and upload via the Tools option for Import training data to Running Ahead. I can import to GC and RA at the same time, or one or the other.

Yes, but as Eric said in that thread, I think if the GC upload fails so will RA's.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

PS, I do the same. I don't open GC but if GC does not upload, RA does not.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Then the watch is downloading it to GC. There is no other way. RA does not read the watch; just GC.  Even if you don't use it; it's a step that happens beFore RA can upload.

unless Eric changed something and the last thread I read I think they were talking about the same. With the new version people cannot upload to GC and therefore cannot upload to RA

If that is the case, wouldn't I need to have a GC account? I don't. I thought the Garmin Communicator Plugin lets RA read the device directly.

And if Eric's servers crash, I am screwed, other than the data still on the watch, which of course only goes back to the last time I had to do a hard reset.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I have the Plug-In too which is the only way the Ant Stick would upload.

i have a Mac if that helps.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And are you sure you don't have a Garmin account?  It's the first thing it asks you to do when you try to download the Plug In.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

And are you sure you don't have a Garmin account?  It's the first thing it asks you to do when you try to download the Plug In.

Anything's possible, but I don't remember creating one or being asked to do so. I probably have lots of online accounts I've forgotten about, although out of curiosity I just tried to log in to GC & none of my standard login info worked.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

It used to be that way when I bought my first Garmin. They made you register with Garmin and that automatically opened a GC account. Maybe it has changed?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

!!!! That's what I was thinking!!!

A big red erection?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Anything's possible, but I don't remember creating one or being asked to do so. I probably have lots of online accounts I've forgotten about, although out of curiosity I just tried to log in to GC & none of my standard login info worked.

You probably have a Garmin file folder on your computer that the plug-in is dumping your activities into, then RA pulls from your folder.  I'm guessing.

Sorry to derail, but I just ran 7 miles.  "Feels like 101" according to Garmin Connect's weather, but I ain't buying it.  Very warm and very humid though, no doubt.  I was soaked.

<3

LRB

The Garmin website you register on and garminconnect are two different sites so it is possible you do not have a GC account because you have to go to it specifically, whereas to register you do it from garmin.com

LRB

!!!! That's what I was thinking!!!

Really?  I don't believe you.  lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Always

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

LOL. I was going to say, for real?  You don't say!

I am a human pretzel...or so the Pilates instructor thinks.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Does you DH know that?

LOL. I was going to say, for real?  You don't say!

I am a human pretzel...or so the Pilates instructor thinks.

PRs

delicate flower

UPDATE:  My Garmin 620 now has bike mode.  Sweeeet.  Thanks for pointing that out, Docket!

<3