Beginners and Beyond

Apparently even Runners World doesn't back their own forum. (Read 255 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This is pretty priceless. I subscribe to Runners World, and I get emails from runnersworld.com about articles, ect. Today I got an email linking to an article about how talking about running online through social media with real life friends who also run, and virtual friends "met" on running social media websites can help your running. It's actually a decent article, proving what we're doing on here is awesome for our running (it is for me!) here's the link to the article itself: http://www.runnersworld.com/fun/does-social-media-mean-better-running?cm_mmc=NL-Womens-_-1127122-_-12052012-_-Does-Social-Media-Mean-Better-Running%3F

HOWEVER what I find hilarious is the "teaser" for the article in the email Runners World sent me is this:

Does Social Media Mean Better Running?

If you use Facebook, Twitter, or dailymile to talk about your workouts with other runners, you're not alone. Here's a look at how this behavior can improve (or hinder) your running.

No mention of the Runners World forums, but dailymile instead? Ha!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

xor

That's because the RWOL upgrade also did a whole bunch of stuff to their main site.... now you comment on articles and such via facebook.  That's all new.

I have this weird suspicion that the people who worked on that part of the site (and that particular email) are like a whole different group or something than the "several" people involved with the software dev/IT work of their forums.

It's bizarre.